• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sunrise (1 Viewer)

Tári

HSC
Hi, I've almost finished my story, but I'm stuck on a sunrise scene, it is the resolution and therefore has to be really good ... but I can't write a sunrise scene ... every time i try it sounds cliche and just plain boring. Does anyone know of any good imspiration i could use, any text that has a really good sunrise, or does anyone have any help they could give me ... it's situation critical!

Thanks,
Tári

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
go to the beach and watch one tommorow morning :)

(depends which coast u live on)

timmay05

HSC
Try writing it in every single detail with no emotional connotations. I.e. Make it purely descriptive. Describe every movement of the clouds/colours/patterns of the sunrise.

Then write it again - this time in terms of the Characters (if any) present during the sunrise. However if there is any speech do not include it now.

Write out all lines of conversation within this scene.

Now your final step is to insert the emotions into your description, and then place the conversation into this.

I find this tends to work when trying to do a scene which relies heavily on the setting - especially if it is visually complex or hard to describe.

Tári

HSC
Thanks, that sounds like it would work well for me, very methodological. thanks heaps for your help, if you want me to post the finished product, just say the word :)

*Elf hugs and kisses* Tári

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
I'd like to read what you come up with :)

I recommend utilizing the area around the character in the description. Like for example if the character were at a playground. Describe the retreating shadows over the swings etc. So not just describing the clouds and sky, make is nice and fresh, the dew of the morning frost for example. All that sort of stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)