Supplementary books for criminal law (1 Viewer)

Demandred

HSC
Hi guys, would any of you 2nd/3rd year students recommend a good criminal law book which is a lot easier to read and shorter than the primary text (I am guessing that most of you guys have Criminal Laws Materials & Commentary On Criminal Law & Process In NSW from Brown Et Al).

There are quite a few out there, I don't know which one is the best. I am kind of looking along the lines of Davies and Malkin Torts (tutorial series) which saved my arse countless times.

santaslayer

HSC
cases and material on criminal law in australia...

i forget which author...at uni now...

Angel45

HSC
Demandred said:
Hi guys, would any of you 2nd/3rd year students recommend a good criminal law book which is a lot easier to read and shorter than the primary text (I am guessing that most of you guys have Criminal Laws Materials & Commentary On Criminal Law & Process In NSW from Brown Et Al).

There are quite a few out there, I don't know which one is the best. I am kind of looking along the lines of Davies and Malkin Torts (tutorial series) which saved my arse countless times.
Torts was a gr8 book - I would like one like that... so yeah, I'm up for any suggestions too!

Angel45

HSC
Asquithian said:
But but Brown et al is such a beautiful read! I'm very proud to say that I read the whole book! All 6034934903459083458903458 thin bible like pages it.

Bible-like pages. EXACTLY - I agree! It's compl. like that and it's so hard to find the chapters when ur flipping through...

Demandred

HSC
Hey Angel, I got Criminal Law 2nd Edition from Butterworths Tutorial Series by Clough and Mulhern, format is exactly the same as Malkin and Davies, costs $72 from Parra Coop store.

Angel45

HSC
Really?

Thanks for the 411 I'll b sure to check it out.

I'm not a fan of the set text's way of putting extracts in and leaving it to us to work it out.

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)