Supplementary texts - read them? (2 Viewers)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
I've seen/heard in a lot of places that people don't actually go and read their texts for english.

they often just read a lot of other people's notes, and interpretations.

do you read your texts?

what do you suggest?

have you found one method works better than the other? how?

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Went off and downloaded the audiobook of Great Gatsby - the book was that hard to read. But yeah, I ended up reading it anyway, lol. Personally, I think it's better to read the texts, whether alone or with someone or audio aids because you'd get a better idea of what's going on by assessment time. Lol, some people just watch the movie version anyhow.

kloudsurfer

HSC
I dont have a problem with it, I enjoy reading anyway and usually our english texts are readable. I use Sparknotes and everything as well though. I think you get a more thorough understanding by reading the texts so are able to write about it more effectively.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
errr just out of curiosity...are we doing journeys for the hsc for english?

blackall46

HSC
Err, I think the original question was: do we read supplementary texts. It sounds to me like some of you guys are talking about the main focus texts.

And no, I don't read supp. texts. Not enough time - and generally too boring IMO.

Sofstar

HSC
I read mine. What's the difference between supplementary texts and related texts? I read everything i get except question sheets.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^^supplementary and related are the same.

but they're different from your 'main focus'/core text. the core is what you get in school.

supp's are what you're meant to find outside on your own.

Sofstar

HSC
Ohh in that case, you find related texts that are interesting for you. No excuses for a lamearse boring one.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
blackall46 said:
Err, I think the original question was: do we read supplementary texts. It sounds to me like some of you guys are talking about the main focus texts.
haha man, the thought our AoS for english (that being "journeys") just popped into my head as I was reading this thread :D

.....keep talking fellas...

Dzak Helfeather

HSC
Eh, I usually skim over it a first time, read up any notes I can grab and hope it's not something obscure no one knows anything about, then read back again. With all texts, main and supp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)