Surf Trip Destinations (1 Viewer)

golferjim

HSC
Thinking of heading off on a road trip in uni hols for a few weeks of winter surf. Anyone been anywhere good? At this stage im thinking
-Goldy
-NSW North Coast to Coffs
-Poss. Perth

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
but tis so rare to get those breaks in ireland from wat i hear

golferjim

HSC
mmm_sofay said:
What about Tassie?
Shipstern Bluff
Did i say i was a pro, i don't think so. Shipsterns is pretty crazy and besides im lookin to milk the last bit of warmth not freeze my ass of in a hood and booties.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
golferjim said:
Thinking of heading off on a road trip in uni hols for a few weeks of winter surf. Anyone been anywhere good? At this stage im thinking
-Goldy
-NSW North Coast to Coffs
-Poss. Perth
wooo surf thread
ok here are a couple of places up the east coast you should check out starting with
OK SOUTH COAST
the cobra/EDEN , also known as the garden is to be found in eden near the cemetary. be warned this place was featured in riptide and unless you have some serious skills you will end up in the place that you locate it by best on south swell

bunga/BERMAGUI world class reef/shale break left and right that handles 12ft quick take off into long barrel and long carve wall best on east/south swell

aussiepipe/JERVIS BAY self explanatory

nughan, dangers, mills/DURRACE home of the best reef breaks on the south coast mix of lefts and rights but all are world class and have featured in several professional surf films. shalow bottom often claims boards best in all swells

mystics/MINNAMURRA if you can find this semi hidden spot its a mad wedge set up that breaks on an east swell, can handle up to 8ft and caters to masssive boosts

redsands/SHELLHARBOUR heavy heavy heavy right and left reef break that works in north and east swells. like the cobra, lots of experience needed

sandon pt/BULLI longest wave in australia behind superbank and north point. all time right handers that can get difficult on low tide, big consequences if you get caught inside but can produce the wave of a life time. ive seen kelly slater snavel 6 second barrels out there

SYDNEY TO CENNY COAST

CRONULLA
every person owes it to themself to surf cronulla point and shark island when its firing. its not difficult to find, you will just have to fight the crowd and the angry locals

(fuck sydney go north!)

the zone, forster, moon bay, newie pipe, rondogs, the wreck, dbah, needledicks, snapper, kirra (the whole super bank...) are all good, just be prepared for crowds

PERTH
fuck perth go to margaret river but bring your balls, coz it gets big
North Pt, if you havent heard of this place then uve been living under a rock
The Box, as above except more so
W.A wedge (like the so-cal one)

bah thats all i can think of right now. breakfast calls...
im going to bali in october, samoa in february and mexico next october if all goes to plan... wanna come?

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
wooo surf thread
ok here are a couple of places up the east coast you should check out starting with
OK SOUTH COAST
the cobra/EDEN , also known as the garden is to be found in eden near the cemetary. be warned this place was featured in riptide and unless you have some serious skills you will end up in the place that you locate it by best on south swell

bunga/BERMAGUI world class reef/shale break left and right that handles 12ft quick take off into long barrel and long carve wall best on east/south swell

nughan, dangers, mills/DURRACE home of the best reef breaks on the south coast mix of lefts and rights but all are world class and have featured in several professional surf films. shalow bottom often claims boards best in all swells

mystics/MINNAMURRA if you can find this semi hidden spot its a mad wedge set up that breaks on an east swell, can handle up to 8ft and caters to masssive boosts

redsands/SHELLHARBOUR heavy heavy heavy right and left reef break that works in north and east swells. like the cobra, lots of experience needed

sandon pt/BULLI longest wave in australia behind superbank and north point. all time right handers that can get difficult on low tide, big consequences if you get caught inside but can produce the wave of a life time. ive seen kelly slater snavel 6 second barrels out there

SYDNEY TO CENNY COAST

CRONULLA
every person owes it to themself to surf cronulla point and shark island when its firing. its not difficult to find, you will just have to fight the crowd and the angry locals

(fuck sydney go north!)

the zone, forster, moon bay, newie pipe, rondogs, the wreck, dbah, needledicks, snapper, kirra (the whole super bank...) are all good, just be prepared for crowds

PERTH

im going to bali in october, samoa in february and mexico next october if all goes to plan... wanna come?
can I go to Mexico with ya?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
I hear Ireland has some good breaks.
beasts is a good break in ireland... i surfed it really clean but really cold...
cornwal in england has a couple of ok breaks, one good bombie comes to mind but i dont remember what its called

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
wooo surf thread
OK SOUTH COAST

SYDNEY TO CENNY COAST

CRONULLA

(fuck sydney go north!)

PERTH

nice, hud to see u mentioned my break (mystics), also in there u hav 2 have kiama wedge, can go off at times, other than that, i completely agree with everything u said man, mystics owns (just gotta get there.....) and redsands, i mean, kelly slater was seen out there many times like a month ago so it goes off

sandon point, no more 2 be said, longest ride ever

btw - Shipstern Bluff - wasnt that where the guy surfed 2 win best tube ride in the big waves comp (he was also a kiama boy)

golferjim

HSC
Thanks for the suggestions atticus. You've got alota booger waves on that list- do u just bodyboard or do ya surf too? Mystics is right by the farm hey? such a good slection of waves around there.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
golferjim said:
Thanks for the suggestions atticus. You've got alota booger waves on that list- do u just bodyboard or do ya surf too? Mystics is right by the farm hey? such a good slection of waves around there.
only lid... used to surf, broke my ankle, went to lids, started to do comps, never looked back...

by the way to dawso... mystics is awesome, went there the other day when it was really small and it was still worth it... u will see me there again, white board

but by the time u see me ill have my new black white and blue qcd custom! wooo

dawso

HSC
yeah, mystics and the farm are both in killalea state park, mystics is further in but keep it quiet cause its mainly a local's break, so y am i talkin about it on the net? oh well, most people on here are nerds and dont surf anyway

but yeah, just go further down the road past the farm (or in my case, swim across the river and then hike through rainforest, ah the joys of isolated breaks....

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
dawso said:
yeah, mystics and the farm are both in killalea state park, mystics is further in but keep it quiet cause its mainly a local's break, so y am i talkin about it on the net? oh well, most people on here are nerds and dont surf anyway

but yeah, just go further down the road past the farm (or in my case, swim across the river and then hike through rainforest, ah the joys of isolated breaks....
the majority of people who i know who surf mystics arent exactly local to that area.

and considering its clearly marked on a surf map, thats on the internet, that has its own website...

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
dawso said:

mystics is in minnamurra... i don care if people know about it because ill only surf it again when its 5ft plus... if you can handle 5ftplus mystics then you deserve to know where it is...

dawso

HSC
yeah but 2 get 2 it by road, its through killalea (shellharbour) .......

and technically minnamurra is kiama which is south of the river, so it aint really minnamurra, but we still claim it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)