survey: processed foods and nutrition (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhia

salty
HSC
dear world,
i would appreciate the filling-out of this survey by you for me, for food technology.

cheers, and also thank you for your help,

-rhia

highest level of education attained:

1. fresh food. processed and packaged food. wherever your preference lies, do you think that processed and packaged foods are equal in nutritional value to fresh foods, inferior or superior? state reasons for your beliefs.

2. lean cuisine, kids kitchen, sun rice creations and meal to go. what's your opinion on the nutritional value of these, and similar 'home replacement' meals?

3. canned foods. creamed corn, pizza pineapple, chick peas and more. do you think that, generally, canned foods contain too many chemical additives? state reasons for your beliefs.

4. sugar and salt have been used as food preservatives for a long time. do you believe that modern processed foods contain excessive amounts of added sugar and salt? state reasons for your beliefs.

5. lately, enriched and nutritionally modified foods have been becomming increasingly common. wonder white high fibre, so good essentials with omega 3 and calcium, juice chokkas with this and that vitamin. if you have a choice, do you, or would you prefer an enriched, or nutritionally modified product over a similar product that wasn't?

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A

highest level of education attained: year 12

1. fresh food. processed and packaged food. wherever your preference lies, do you think that processed and packaged foods are equal in nutritional value to fresh foods, inferior or superior? state reasons for your beliefs.
Packaged food is just as fine as fresh food for me, as long as the package is tight/secure, avoiding any chance of contamination.

2. lean cuisine, kids kitchen, sun rice creations and meal to go. what's your opinion on the nutritional value of these, and similar 'home replacement' meals?
Never tried any of these, so I can't answer this question.

3. canned foods. creamed corn, pizza pineapple, chick peas and more. do you think that, generally, canned foods contain too many chemical additives? state reasons for your beliefs.
Depending on which brands, generally no, there may be small amounts of addictives, but I accept these.

4. sugar and salt have been used as food preservatives for a long time. do you believe that modern processed foods contain excessive amounts of added sugar and salt? state reasons for your beliefs.
Depending on which brands, I find foods like chips will have too much salt, soft drinks, namely Coke contain excessive amounts of sugar. Other processed foods are generally fine.

5. lately, enriched and nutritionally modified foods have been becomming increasingly common. wonder white high fibre, so good essentials with omega 3 and calcium, juice chokkas with this and that vitamin. if you have a choice, do you, or would you prefer an enriched, or nutritionally modified product over a similar product that wasn't?
I would try them out, but I wouldn't consume them on a regular basis.

52526Emmy

HSC

highest level of education attained: preliminary year11

1. fresh food. processed and packaged food. wherever your preference lies, do you think that processed and packaged foods are equal in nutritional value to fresh foods, inferior or superior? state reasons for your beliefs. Fresh food is the superior product because that is how nature intended us to eat, and processed and food has additives

2. lean cuisine, kids kitchen, sun rice creations and meal to go. what's your opinion on the nutritional value of these, and similar 'home replacement' meals? They are not as good as fresh food, but at least they are reasonably healthy compared to takeaway options

3. canned foods. creamed corn, pizza pineapple, chick peas and more. do you think that, generally, canned foods contain too many chemical additives? state reasons for your beliefs.Yes, because the companies want to make money so they are going to add preservatives for the food to last longer

4. sugar and salt have been used as food preservatives for a long time. do you believe that modern processed foods contain excessive amounts of added sugar and salt? state reasons for your beliefs. yes, i heard this on the news

5. lately, enriched and nutritionally modified foods have been becomming increasingly common. wonder white high fibre, so good essentials with omega
3 and calcium, juice chokkas with this and that vitamin. if you have a choice, do you, or would you prefer an enriched, or nutritionally modified product over a similar product that wasn't? I would prefer an enriched product to get the added benefit

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC

highest level of education attained: HSC

Processed and packaged foods are not of equal nutritional value, for that reason, they are processed and packaged.

Their nutrional value is nowhere near a replacement home cooked meal. They are processed, packaged and frozen.

Im unsure as to how many chemical additives are present and doubt they have THAT many, so...no?

Yes. It aint no belief, its a fact ;)

Doesnt bother me. Sounds more like a selling point if anything.

Kulazzi

HSC

highest level of education attained:
HSC

definitely not as processed foods have many other things added along the way

some home replacement meals claim to be good for your health (such as a weight loss company) so I guess it depends on which one you choose. But because we have a busier lifestyle, many people are opting for 'fast food' on the go, which can be un healthy

Not sure actually

yes, mainly becuase its been mentioned through some sort of mass media (eg. magazines, tv, newspaper) and its fairly obvious to the individual (eg, if something tastes very sweet...then obviously there's a lot of sugar)

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)