• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Swapping texts (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Can we use a Year 11 text, whether core or related, as a Year 12 related text? And can we also swap texts between the Advanced and Extension courses between years, e.g. use a Year 11 Advanced core text as a Year 12 Extension related text?

Thanks

Sophie777

You can't use year 12 core texts from advanced in extension. I don't think it matters if its yr 11.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Thanks...maybe then I should keep some of my Year 11 notes just in case.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
you can use yr 11 stuff - though its probably not all that applicable really. you can also use adv texts in ext 1 and ext 2 courses - this change has only recently come in (they decided that you still had to 'find' them and that your analysis of them would be in a different context so it didnt matter if youd already studied them)

HSC
N/A
Actually, according to my teacher who is a senior HSC marker, you CAN use Yr 12 Eng Adv texts as related texts in EE1.

They're marked by different people... and as silvermoon states, you are exploring them in a different context.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Year 11 texts are nothing - there's no list. Do any year 11 texts

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
you can use a year 11 text.

word of advice: i wouldn't use a year 12 adv. text in ee1, coz the markers might think you don't have a WIDE range of reading material. ee1 is about stepping outside the "spoon-feeding-square" of high school, and finding material that's more advanced than advanced. lol

:)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Actually, according to my teacher who is a senior HSC marker, you CAN use Yr 12 Eng Adv texts as related texts in EE1.

They're marked by different people... and as silvermoon states, you are exploring them in a different context.
But its gonna look pretty bad if I do Wuthering Heights for Critical Study and use it as a related text for I&S. I was going to do it (I do Lear for ADV) but was told that markers know what that it IS a text, and could assume that you've studied it and will look poorly on you.

HSC
N/A
As it is not against the rules I do not believe that they can penalise you on the sole basis of selecting a book that is on the Eng Adv prescribed list. I do believe, however, that they can and will penalise you if you look at it from a critical analysis rather than in relation to your module (I & S).

Therefore I conclude that you CAN, in fact, use a text you have studied previously, so long as you do it correctly and in relation to your module. However if you would prefer not to, you are free to do so - same goes for wanting to use a text on the eng adv prescribed list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)