• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Swearing? (1 Viewer)

xcaffeinator

HSC
Kay, SO.
I was wondering, what's the verdict on swearing in your BOW?
I want to quote the first few lines from Trainspotting, and APPARENTLY, the words 'big fucking television', may not be 'appropriate'.
And here I was thinking that art was about pushing limits and expressing oneself.

So if anyone knows the answer, or has been penalised in the past for swearing, hit us up, aye?

Also... Subject matter of Self-Harm. Apparently THAT's dodgy too. If it is, I'm still doing it, but opinions?

Cheers guys. xx

chamelia

HSC
Okay so.

Hold up your right hand. Now place it palm down, smack in the middle of your chest. Slowly slide it down your middle keeping firm contact with your body. Slide down toward the navel and onto the pubic bone. Now reach around and grab very firmly. Tug.

These are your balls. Please use them.

xcaffeinator

HSC
Touche. Thank Christ someone else agrees.

I'm about ready to stab my art teachers, thanks for the ego boost :)

chamelia

HSC
No - you just gotta say fuck 'em. Is it really worth compromising your artistic integrity for the sake of a few marks? Prissy little middle aged fucks who walked into the most boring and secure career possible. Sure they are magnificently cutting edge chic and bold - but only within the walls of the Arts Faculty staff room.

Nanasaurus

HSC
Okay so.

Hold up your right hand. Now place it palm down, smack in the middle of your chest. Slowly slide it down your middle keeping firm contact with your body. Slide down toward the navel and onto the pubic bone. Now reach around and grab very firmly. Tug.

These are your balls. Please use them.
i have to say, that's the freaking funniest thing I've heard all day. sitting here wasting time in society & culture, and you just made my morning. XD

i agree, by the way. the body of work is your own creation. to the whathisname who started the thread; do what you will with your artwork- 'big fucking television' sounds great.

friend comments: 'i want a big fucking telelvision'.

agreement.

DoomBuggy

HSC
i have to say, that's the freaking funniest thing I've heard all day. sitting here wasting time in society & culture, and you just made my morning. XD

i agree, by the way. the body of work is your own creation. to the whathisname who started the thread; do what you will with your artwork- 'big fucking television' sounds great.

friend comments: 'i want a big fucking telelvision'.

agreement.
Heck yes i want a big fucking television, i want it now.

Like Nana said, it's your work - if you want to put some quotes in that have profanity in them go ahead and put it in, i'd like to see the art with a big fucking television in it

Thowra

HSC
Well, I really don't think swearing matters. There's a girl in my school whose BOW is titled 'perFUCKtion' and the teachers don't mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)