Switchfoot + Killing Heidi @ the Metro (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Fuck who went to that, it fucken went off something severe!

Switchfoot was awesome live, didnt expect them to be that good, and killing heidi just blew me away with the energy.

HSC
Sounds good :) I didn't attend, but I can assure those of you playing along at home that In Flames, Chimaira and Daysend (local, metal, and very decent for an opening act) all went off too :)

Wasn't as excited about seeing Chimaira as I was In Flames (before going), but they definitely deserve another listen, great live energy and stage presence, and some really impressive drumming. The long-hair dude from the band (talk about narrowing it down), in the slayer shirt gets extra points for pulling RARR I AM METAL faces whenever he got a chance :)

Usyd's Manning Bar is a pretty nice venue too, low stage and very close to audience, having not been before I wasn't sure what to expect, but yep, it was great too :)

Anyway, a very famous man once said "WHO'S GONNA TAKE ME WIDELY?" and I think that pretty much sums up the whole experience, definitely worth the trip :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Damn, i wish i had money!

and i was at usyd until around 630

gah, anyways it was a good backup plan anyway :D

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
"WHO'S GONNA TAKE ME WIDELY?"
bahahahaha

they played pinball map, i hope?
oarsum

was in flames heaps of new stuff with not much old, or more balanced out a la tokyo showdown

HSC
There was a pretty good mix, played a fair bit off whoracle, some new stuff, and pinball map came in at #3. They played some stuff off colony, and gave everything a pretty good coverage I thought, we did miss a song or two at the end because we had to get a train ( :( ) but yeah, what we saw seemed pretty great :)

I was a bit worried they wouldn't play pinball map, seeing as I thought that was off the 'dodgy' album that everyone apparently hated, but it was the third song they played, and everyone seemed to love it! Probably the highlight of my evening, either that or the cup of tea when I got home :)

On a sidenote, of the allocated 100mb quota (or 550mb from international sites), 32mb has come off bos this session, lol, whoops, I didn't even think I visited that much. Good thing session is almost over ;)

Last edited:

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
yarrrr, sounds pretty damn good

ogmzergrush said:
Probably the highlight of my evening, either that or the cup of tea when I got home :)
addicted i say!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
glad you had fun, vee :p i'm jealous. all i got was state library and minai :'(
when did the lady @ maccas let you guys go? lol i gotta say i kinda blanked out for much of that conversation...

and asy, you missed out on some FyNe aZnNeSs~* on #hsc!! kEkeKEkeEKezZz!!~ ^_^

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haha, good thing then!

umm, when our other friend came and we had to line up :)

it went off hardcore, so feeling the effects atm.

haha, oh cmon you had minai ;)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
argh shit.. missed it.. wanted to see switchfoot...
when was it?

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
SWITCHFOOT & KILLING HEIDI ?!?!? FARRRRRROUT WHY DON'T THEY ADVERTISE THIS........ didn't even know they were here ! [switchfoot that is]

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

:)

They did advertise it. Just in gig guides and shit. Also on their website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)