• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

syd. uni lec. (1 Viewer)

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
hey is ne1 of u going to the syd uni lecture on ext. hist??
its on 13th april.. tuesday.. i think..
its 25$

is ne1 gonna be goin??

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the last lecture at usyd (for eng though) was a complete waste of a day so im quite wary of this...nahh i wont bother going. do they sell notes though?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I haven't heard anything about it, but whenenver I go to Sydney Uni, I get bored out of my mind, so I think I'll give it a miss. Do you have any other info on it anyway? a website perhaps?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
thats right, the word "BORED" comes up when i think of usyd lectures...zzzzzzzz

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
last time I went to usyd my friends and I had to "escape" and run away, because it was sooo boring

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
yeah i reckon...
i went to the last one.. on exam stratiges.. and time management.. but it wasnt ne where close to what i had expected... and it surely was a complete waste of money!! but i aint very confident abt ext hist... so i havent really ben able to make up my mind abt going!!

umm.. the website is i think..
edassist.com.au

Nerissa

If anyone does go, would they mind posting the notes up here? I can't go cause all Year 12 has to go in to school that day (HSC motivational speeches), plus it's really expensive and I'm totally broke! Or perhaps we could do a notes swap? What does everyone think? (Blushes red as tumbleweed floats by...)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i cant see the worth of a lecture on ext hist. there is not that much need for it ifu do extra reading...come to think of it...its unnecessary and a waste of time for me i reckon

Sasky

HSC
Is anyone going to the Mod one? Apparently the speaker for that one is supposed to be good, we study some of his stuff in Ext on JFK.

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Extension History thing hey... i went to the english one and that was a waste of time and money, they are soooo sooo boring.. be alright though if it was worth your money and half interesting, but it aint!
But.. if anyone does happen to go and it turns out excellent! sharing is caring! and notes would be tops! :D hehe jkz

sigh

HSC
My teacher takes her extension history class to the syd uni lectures every year and apparently they always go down well, so they can't be that bad. We had the modern history guy (Dr Brennan I think his name was) come to our school and give us the lecture on WW1 to just us. It was really good. Also my extension teacher is also my ancient teacher and she takes us to the study days in ancient as well. Once again those ones seem to go down well.

I heard about an Extension English Two study day where the guy basically read them the syllabus... I think this one will be a lot better than that.

If anyone wants the notes from the study day, I'm happy to do swaps, my notes are sorely lacking in other areas. Just email me (screaming_silently877@hotmail.com) and let me know what subjects you have good notes for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)