• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

TAFE enrolments (1 Viewer)

palindrome

HSC
is it too late to drop a subject(i do 10 units) and pick up a TAFE course for next year?

P

pLuvia

Depending on the TAFE course if you need preliminary. But you can do preliminary and HSC in the same year. But you we were advised to have at least 10 units at school and how ever many units you want in tafe

palindrome

HSC
yes but you see i have realised that one of my subjects is completely horrible and i have no use for it whatsoever. is it too late to enrol?

P

pLuvia

Try calling them up, the TAFE college

Or asking your school, but I'm pretty sure it's not too late. But I think you better ask and enrol very very soon, since the holidays is coming soon

palindrome

HSC
ah damn... what a time to get sick then eh... oh well i guess ill have to just put up with said horrible subject, or get to school before the holidays to ask careers advisor...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i doubt you can pick up another subject at this point, but since its a tafe one i dunno. and may i ask what subject you want to drop?

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I think its only too late if you're school has submitted that sheet on your definate subjects for the hsc.

As for TAFE I know that if you wanted to enrol in an art course, you had to do that in November.

PS: good luck with the whole process thingo...:) subjects that are useless are hellish.

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
No don't put up with it, you gotta do something about it!

Sorry but i dont know much about TAFE, so i cant help you out with what to do :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
It depends what you want to pick up at TAFE - a HSC course, or a VETAB certificate or diploma. If its a HSC course, then most TAFEs commence in term 1 of that year, and you just rock up on the information day in february. If its a VETAB course, then two situations may apply:
1. You need to have sent in an application by 30th October and then you will recieve offers in a similar manner as universities or;
2. There will be courses that recieve applications on the information day much like the HSC at the beginning of next year.

The way to tell what kind of application procedure is neccesary for a VETAB course is rather simple - go on the site and click on your course and see if it mentions the application.

EDIT: Then of course it gets even trickier with TVET HSC courses - you need to apply to TAFE for these and you get the forms online or from your HSC co-ordinator, however I don't know *when* the closing date is.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)