• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tafe or college? if uni is out of picture. (1 Viewer)

rdy2die

If u dont make a cut off for ur course and u decide not to attend uni in the first yr which would be better tafe or college? Not just on cost and such but in teaching and learning as such.

Also could people post on ways in entering uni to study law if u dont make the cut off . Not just non- awards and diplomas or tafe anyone know other bridging courses or such.
tata

neuro_logik

HSC
I'd go to TAFE, and do a Diploma in Network Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering, then get articulation into Uni. For me, I think I can get into Uni all I need is a minimum UAI of 75 to get into the course I want. Thank you Early Entry at UoW :)

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
do tafe as a stepping stone into uni... more affordable.. college is like 12 grand a year or something... not even uni cost that much ... uni is more like 4000 a year or something

and plus you can still get your advanced diploma and all dat stuff at tafe... and tafe is only like 700 or something asubject

doe

HSC
N/A
what are you thinking of doing? if its law check out http://www.usyd.edu.au/lec/

some unis will also let you enrol if you have real experience and are of a certain age. at macuni mature age is like 20 or something and you can apply for mature age entry (or something). a guy i know is in his 40's and became an accountant before you needed a degree to be one, and he went on to do an mba and stuff.

theres heaps of ways into uni if you dont get the uai you were hoping for, it just might take a little longer or be a bit harder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)