• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

tan graphing problem (1 Viewer)

darshil

Replicant
HSC
Hey everyone,
we just learnt how to draw trigonometric graphs and I seem to have some trouble with the tan graph.

I understand how it works but cannot manipulate it easily. For example i can manipulate/graph tan(2x) but i tried doing tan (3x) and just coudn't - it was the scale that's got me down.

I just need to understand what i need to do in this situation

Thank you greatly.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey everyone,
we just learnt how to draw trigonometric graphs and I seem to have some trouble with the tan graph.

I understand how it works but cannot manipulate it easily. For example i can manipulate/graph tan(2x) but i tried doing tan (3x) and just coudn't - it was the scale that's got me down.

I just need to understand what i need to do in this situation

Thank you greatly.
You are doing the HSC this year right? You should have learnt this way back in the preliminary course! :S... I would kind of be worried learning this so late into the course.

shady145

Banned
HSC
You are doing the HSC this year right? You should have learnt this way back in the preliminary course! :S... I would kind of be worried learning this so late into the course.
unlucky me then, my class only learnt it a few weeks ago, we learnt the basic graphs like sin x, cos x and their shapes in yr 11 but we dnt learn about periods and amplitude, i first learnt that stuff in 3u.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)