• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Target (1 Viewer)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
who here works at Target and what are the conditions like?

- Do they give a decent amount of shifts to casuals? new casuals?
- What is the pay like for a 19 year old?
- Are the managers good to work with and do they give plenty of help to new people?

Also wondering,w ould working at coles affect my ability to work at target? (since they're the same group and all)

James747

HSC
I don't work there but I've been to there interviews. According to the interviewer, wages range from $10-$18. I'm assuming that you're going for those Customer Service Assistant positions so don't expect that much as you're starting from the bottom.

*Minka*

HSC
- Do they give a decent amount of shifts to casuals? new casuals?

You will be hot property for the first few months or so until they haul in fresh younger kids and suddenly you are not wanted anymore, but can't be fired. You will get a token couple of shifts.

- What is the pay like for a 19 year old?

My friend is 19 and gets 14.35 an hour/

- Are the managers good to work with and do they give plenty of help to new people?

Snort. Don't expect any friendly help, expect to be treated like you are stupid for asking a question and being trated as if you jsut asked for three days worth of time, not a minute. Managers don't know shit, the store runs poorly and you get the brunt of it as you are expected to deal with everything and take all sorts of shit.

*Minka*

HSC
Yeah they wamnted to have me work practically around the clock during the Thiursday-Sunday during toy sale, but sucks for them that I was still in Europe/Coming home. Boo hoo. I hate toy sale.

*Minka*

HSC
I hated it last year mainly because I was as sick as fuck and was there for 14 hours and pretty much wanted to die at the end of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)