• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Task HELP- EMMA/CLUELESS (1 Viewer)

rightie

lost in suburbia hell
HSC
hey peeps
i have this task like due on friday and i have no idea what to write - here is what the question says: to write a 1500 wrd feature article informing and entertaining your reader about how transformations generate reflections on the texts cntexts ways in which texts can be transformed, using Emma and Clueless to illustrate this....

i hate english i really do - some help would be totally brilliant!!! - pretty please ;)

0Jade0

HSC
I'm guessing you would have to discuss events that are similar in both texts (e.g, the carriage ride in Emma, Cher in Elton's car in Clueless) and how the events are transformed into different contexts.

rightie

lost in suburbia hell
HSC
argh

we have bin told to write about how emma nd clueless inform one anther; hw the social cultural and historical values and attitueds are transformed from one txt to another; and waht to each of the txts tell us about the cntxt in wihch they were written. -
i hate english and i'm screwed - i shoulda dun standard... arghh

0Jade0

HSC
Yeah my assessment was similar. Because it is comparative study of texts you have to compare the texts (duh) using events. At least that is what I was taught.

0Jade0

HSC
19/20.

Well my task was to write diary entries being Emma or Cher so it's a bit different to yours.
I talked about how although contexts have changed some of the values, society are similar. This is shown in parallel events in both texts.

rightie

lost in suburbia hell
HSC
ahh k... got it... makes sense too.. thanks heaps!!! :)) very happy now.... will write tomorrow i hope

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)