teacher isn't teaching, what do i do (hsc year) (1 Viewer)

HSC
my teacher at school doenst teach the content he goes on abt almost the same stuff each lesson somehow

we're supposed to be literary mindscapes/ worlds , i have no idea if they're the same thing nor not.
BUT the teacher hasn't even uttered those words since the course started i.e. last year. not even literary not even mindscapes not even worlds. I've had to hear about it from my friends in other classes and from reading the syllabus.

What should I do in this case? (I really feel like I'll fail my first hsc task at this rate.)
(Please dont suggest tutoring because i already go to tutoring for all my other subjects ... which kills me because imo tutoring isnt that helpful for me)

And does anyone have hsc english extension notes to help?

Last edited:

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
It's just the start of the yr. See how it plays out for like another week. If you don't like the pace, then express your concerns to the teacher. Only way the teacher is able to facilitate every1's learning is through feedback. Resources for EE2 can be found on the fourm selection up there ^^^

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
my teacher at school doenst teach the content

we're supposed to be literary mindscapes/ worlds , i have no idea if they're the same thing nor not.
BUT the teacher hasn't even uttered those words since the course started. not even literary not even mindscapes not even worlds. I've had to hear about it from my friends in other classes and from reading the syllabus.

What should I do in this case? (I really feel like I'll fail my first task at this rate.)

And does anyone have english extension notes to help?
Look through your notes/content/work your teacher has set, and try to see if it aligns with the syllabus for english ext 1's literary worlds. probably confront your teacher (less confront, but ask her *nicely* about the literary worlds, and that you don't understand how the coursework relates to the syllabus)

HSC
maybe ask if you can swap EE1 classes ? it seems like the other class has a good (enough) teacher so if that's an option i'd suggest it
A few people from my class have tried to do that but head teacher isnnt allowing it :( and a few have dropped. I was planning to have EX1 as a 'backup' since i do MX2 and it's not looking great (might drop either one). teacher was like huh where did they go 🤓
thanks for suggesting though.

HSC
Look through your notes/content/work your teacher has set, and try to see if it aligns with the syllabus for english ext 1's literary worlds. probably confront your teacher (less confront, but ask her *nicely* about the literary worlds, and that you don't understand how the coursework relates to the syllabus)
i'll probably speak to them in person since last time I emailed them, but they were like look at your class notes 😐
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)