• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

teacher issue (1 Viewer)

A_W

HSC
im in yr 11 at the moment, and my teacher is one who literally does nothing. shes most likely going ot screw up my HSC. wat should i do??

P

pLuvia

change classes

Last edited by a moderator:

brilliance**

just a member.
HSC
N/A
[SIZE=-2]I guess in those situations, you have three options:

1. change classes with a better teacher

2. dedicate one full day (or a week would be better) for pure english, and go through your texts and class notes and analyse everything by yourself.... especially if you have an upcoming exam/assessment

3. cry in the corner and do nothing about it```

... oh yeah...
and then there's the option of getting yourself an english tutor.... [/SIZE]

Last edited:

A l

HSC
N/A
Is it just me, or is it that there are hardly any genuine english teachers around these days? There are like only 2 proper english teachers at my school. The rest are either lazy or don't know their stuff.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Why dont you talk to your teacher about how you feel and possibly suggest way for him/her to improve. As inferred above, you should also be studying yourself making notes and practicing essays where you can use the ones on the resources page as a guide. Im sure there is an english teacher you are close to during junior school that would be more than happy to check and read over your essay for you

A_W

HSC
i actually asked if i could change classes, and she said no one is allowed to change. and now she is choosing for us to do imaginative journeys, which she knows nothing about, and is the hardest to study for out of the three journey types. she always makes up excuses and just tries to lead us away from Qs that we ask

joeyassad

HSC
A_W said:
i actually asked if i could change classes, and she said no one is allowed to change. and now she is choosing for us to do imaginative journeys, which she knows nothing about, and is the hardest to study for out of the three journey types. she always makes up excuses and just tries to lead us away from Qs that we ask
i am in the exact same situation! My teacher has changed from Inner Journey, which he has done for 5 years (and still is abosultely hopeless at teaching) to Imaginitive Journey (which he openly told us he has never done, and has not even read the book "On Giants Shoulders". I have honestly not learnt a thing all year and have felt that my english has suffered because of him. If he couldnt even teach something that he had 5 years experience with, how the hell is he gonna teach us something new. I've enquired about changing classes and we are not allowed.

volition

arr.
HSC
I'd speak to somebody higher up the chain a little, say the Head of Department or some type of Deputy Headmaster person about it. Other than that, there's not really much you can do

HSC
N/A
Not only *speak* to someone higher up the food chain, but get a group effort going if possible. If the situation seems like it won't improve without some power-pulling, get students *and* their parents together. Go talk to either the Head of the Department, Principal, or both, and have something in writing (don't go alone to the principal's office, mind you.)

By doing this at my old high school, we got a few teachers fired/transferred, and others were suspended from teaching Senior Grades/HSC courses. So it definately can be done, but make sure you have extremely solid grounds for your appeal, and make sure it is your LAST resort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)