Teachers on a tangent/off the subject (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
haha when im tutoring, i try to avoid tangents but sometimes the student becomes curious about scaling, moderation and other irrelevant stuff about the HSC

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
going on a tangent is alrite coz it makes ure the student has still got ur attention and as sarah said, u cud give them somre more info on areas such as scaling etc...tangents can b some good advice bout life in general

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
there used to be this teacher at my school, who once went off on a tangent about non existent footprints on the ceiling...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Supra said:
going on a tangent is alrite coz it makes ure the student has still got ur attention and as sarah said, u cud give them somre more info on areas such as scaling etc...tangents can b some good advice bout life in general
I do give a rough summary of scaling and moderating but im being paid by the hour, so i really should be making fulll use of the time to be teaching lol i feel guilty to deviate

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
xiaoie gets aroudn that problem by deviate alot, then making up lost time at the end...

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
University lecturers are much worse.

"yadda yadda ... oh yes I was involved in funny situation, but I don't have time to tell you ... yadda yadda .. read my book (even though it is out of publication) ... yadda yadda ... what does the world have against my giant beard?! ... yadda yadda ... oh sod it, about that funny situation (not funny) ... and so on *gasp

oh and i decided to change this course so i can talk more about myself"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)