• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Teaching English as a Foreign Language (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hi,

I'm really interested in getting my TEFL certificate because I would like to work overseas as a english teacher at some stage of my life.

Can anyone recommend any good places in Sydney to go and get it? I know you can do it online, but I think I would prefer to do it in "real life"...

Also, can you be employed in Aust to teach migrants etc english? Or is this certificate only really useful to teach english overseas?

olay

HSC
i taught english privately, so i have no idea about the certificate, but the job itself takes patience - it's rather tedious. but can be fun. :) good luck with it. :)

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i applied for work at the migrant center out here, they run classes for non-english speakers and get locals to help out... sometimes go to the migrants house and teach there a few hours a week. There are ads in the paper usually when they are looking, but they recently moved.. dunno where to tho. And you can do courses at Tafe for that as well as study trips overseas through university and through private organisations where you go to say China and teach english during you semester breaks. I know a guy who did it at UWS (not thru uws), he went to china and had a ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)