• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Teaching in Czech Rep (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Thomas Briollet
  • Start date
T

Thomas Briollet

Uh Oh

hey y'all! I wanna take a CELTA at Akcent IH Prague in May, and lyke I wanna stay there and teach in prague or brno forever.

but needless to say (so why am i saying it?) it's got me all worried n stfu

I'm worried coz I"m French born and bred and From my knowledge fnot many schools like us there and would prefer people from the uk coz its easier with the whole not needing a visa and support papers and everything not to mentin the schisse i mean Schengen Agreement

for another problematic thing, i dun have a uni degree. i worked so hard to get into uni and then lyke dropped out coz i ddint want to continue at a community college. ive only taught part time and that was one on one, nothing compared to classes with at least 15+ people all depending on me to be a great teacher.

so whatcha think? I'll have me a tesol certificate in may or july so i can teach then buuut without a degree and being s o young and also coz theres heaps of other tesol teachers around who will also have a degree, and the celta, and more experience probably than me, plus will be older and stuff, so ...

I want experience form ppl who know the tesol sometimes seedy sometimes just amusing scene in the czech republic...particularly brno and prague. so yay peeps, chill out, hope to hear from you soon and fingers crossed to see you in europe summer next year.

Thanks,
Thomas Briollet

moc2009

HSC
N/A
If you are French born and bred then you don’t need a visa or papers to work in the Czech Republic! You would be a French Citizen, which makes you an EU citizen, just the same as people from the UK or any EU country, so you can go and live in any other EU country and work without problems.

You might want to improve your English before applying for the course though (the usually want native speakers).

I just came back from living in the Czech Republic for my 3 month Uni break, miss it heaps. Prague is amazing, Brno was also nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)