• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Techniques in Lord Of the Rings... (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey, Im doing lord of the rings, the fellowship of the ring (The movie) and Im wondering what kind of techniques are used in it...So far I have got dialogue, camera angles (long overhead shots) what others? I was thinking of music, but i dont know how i could describe this as a technique and its effect on the audience or its relevance to physical journeys? Thanks in advance...

ZabZu

HSC
i used the techniques of location (different scenaries). Like you know how there is huge snowy mountains, forests, etc. Therefore the people have travelled long distances.

However, i dont think we can do the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring because it is an english extension 1 text.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i dunno if you should take me seriously so i warn you in advance...

For the 3rd movie

Frodo SERIOUSLY slows down his dialogue, by the end of the movie - its been a tedious journey.

Blurred background when the hobbits are in the tavern - they've changed - theyre the only ones that their Shire was this close to pure destruction... and find it hard to be "back to normal"

The 3rd one right? I'll stop now before I tell you how much I hate frodo. But i love LOTR mind you.

malkin86

HSC
long notes, emotive music. name some instruments that combine to create a significant part of the mood.

Paroissien

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
i dunno if you should take me seriously so i warn you in advance...

For the 3rd movie

Frodo SERIOUSLY slows down his dialogue, by the end of the movie - its been a tedious journey.

Blurred background when the hobbits are in the tavern - they've changed - theyre the only ones that their Shire was this close to pure destruction... and find it hard to be "back to normal"

The 3rd one right? I'll stop now before I tell you how much I hate frodo. But i love LOTR mind you.
Sounds very nice to me

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
Lol, you did lotr?
You've just won my respect :D

I know every line in FotR, but i refuse to do it... i ain't gonna spoil it by analysing it for techniques.

If you want to do the music, tho, i did come up with a great article a few years ago about it, i can't remember where tho. The main thing is the felllowship theme builds up gradually - it's softer while it's just Frodo and Sam, but it gradually builds up to the point where the fellowship's travelling together after departing from Rivendell, with the full orchestra "symbolising" (tho i hate using that word in terms of LotR) the fact that the whole fellowship's together. And after Gandalf's fall, it's never quite so grand again.

Hope that helps, not sure how u could relate that to journey, just the journey of the fellowship i suppose.

Anyway, gud luck for tomorrow.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
iyamahobbit said:
Lol, you did lotr?
You've just won my respect :D

I know every line in FotR, but i refuse to do it... i ain't gonna spoil it by analysing it for techniques.
But can you do the Extended edition and recite them both, ie knowing what scenes are in and what arent in the extended edition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)