• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Techniques in songs?? (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
what should I be talking about in regards to techniques in songs? what are the common ones??

I'm doing Evanescence, "Field of Innocence".

Cheers

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
imagery maybe, repitition (think of what the chorus tells you), metaphores, similies, treat song lyrics like a poem

or if you're doing the way it is sung as well, think of where extra emotion is put into the voice, quiet bits, etc.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
if your doing it based on the lyrics, then you talk about it almost as if it is a poem. if you are doing the actual song, then its like how when they want to emphasise something they might put more drums in, or how the voice changes (inntonation) etc

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Okies, thanks heaps. And yeah, I'm doing it based on the lyrics because it fits in snuggly with Sky High ;)

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
Is it good lyrically as well as aurally? Perhaps change in rhythm, tone, volume, etc..

I just went to check out the lyrics..it is quite good for something like Sky-High. First person narrative. Shifts in time frame from past to present. The repetition is significant, emphasis on nostalgia as such.

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Yeah, thats why I chose it, fits great with Sky High (although, is a little darker ;)) Thanks for the pointers though :D :D

Cheers ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)