Telling the truth 2002 HSC question (1 Viewer)

syaozukino

HSC
How has your understanding of events, personalities or situations been shaped by their representations in the texts you have studied? Base your response on your study of Telling the Truth.

Any ideas on how to attack this essay?

So struggling with english right now...

Any help will be much appreciated~!!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Firstly, what I always do when looking at these things is translate from "Board of Studies language" into real english.
How has your understanding of events, personalities or situations been shaped by their representations in the texts you have studied? Base your response on your study of Telling the Truth.
translation: How has the way you see things been shaped by the way they were presented to you?(in regards to your texts and the concept of truth)
So thusly you would look at how the truth is manipulated, what techniques were used in the manipulation, by both the composer of the text and the characters within it and what the effect this manipulation has on you, the responder. For example how do the Frontline team manipulate truth? How does this effect your understanding of events/people/situations? Then provide examples to back up your point and so forth.

still waiting

HSC
decide who is the authority voice in the text, what things they use to assume that authority eg tone, language, comments, thoughts etc and how their veiw affects your veiw of the event.....
hope this helps, i dont no if it will but i tried... i hate this topic actually just the justice game....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)