• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Telstra Stadium (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i've heard many different stories of working at telstra stadium, some say you get paid peanuts and some say you get paid heaps. anyone worked there before or currently working there? want to share the light? and how do you actually get hired anyway, someone told me you need to pull some strings.

Kulazzi

HSC
The way I got in was because all my other siblings worked there. They needed new people and my sister got a paper in the mail saying to recommend someone. So I applied through recommendation (resume+form I think there was) and got an interview. At the interview, they asked general questions as well as scenario ones. For example: If a customer returned a product complaining loudly that it wasn't good quality and wouldn't stop, what would you do? I replied that I would first allow the customer to swap the food. If s/he persists with their complaining and would not stop, I would call in the manager. I got in. Simple.

The pay is quite good, not sure about under 18's but if you're over it's usually $17 on friday, $20 on staurdays and $22 on sundays. Around $40 for public holidays. Also, I think after you've been with them for a certain period of time, you get paid extra if you work on cash. There's various jobs: frying the chips, making the burgers pies etc. etc., cashier and working in stock - this is where you deliver the products up to the outlets from the store room. The jobs in the outlets are referred to as retail jobs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)