• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ten units or twelve units?? (1 Viewer)

bettini

HSC
I have a problem.. i have no idea whether to do ten or twelve units.. i know 12's not a lot.. but one of my teachers told me that i should do ten..."what's the point of spending an extra 20% of your time doing a subject that's not gonna be counted for?".. i know that some ppl do twelve so that they can have a bckup.. but if u study really hard... won't you do well neway? and by doing ten... won't you be able to focus more on those subjects?.. i really DON'T KNOW!! ahhhh.. so much stress!! =P..

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
It depends on how well you are doing in your subjects. If you are struggling in one of your subjects then it would be better to drop the subject and have only 10 units. If you are going well in all your subjects though, it would be better to keep the 12 units as to provide a back-up in case you stuff up in one of the exams.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you are confident and work hard in all of your subjects, then 10 units is the right choice for you. You also get the extra study periods and time to concentrate on these 10 units which is the main advantage of doing 10 units.

A l

HSC
N/A
If you are committed across all courses and do not have any particular course that you are struggling in, then it's best to keep them all as long as they keep you interested. However, if there is one particular course that you are struggling in, then it may be best to drop that course especially if it hinders your efforts in other courses.
I personally would recommend studying more than 10 units because it keeps you motivated and of course you have backup in case something unexpected happens. Too often, I have seen people doing only 10 units, abusing their senior study periods and not effectively using them for completing homework and/or study. Additionally, the ongoing trend is that people with more units tend to have a higher UAI score. Although no known direct cause can be drawn from this trend, it is evident that people doing more units of study are generally harder workers than those doing less units of study.

pinkkprincesss

HSC
i was good at all my subjects so iwasnt going to drop any so i decided to stick with 12

suchet_i

derka derka
HSC
i got the same issue. i m doing 12 units and i am thinking of dropping biology to allow me to study more on other subjects. then again i keep changing my mind. yesterday i was 70% sure that i'll drop it but now i am like 20% sure about dropping it :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)