• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tertiary Prepreation Course (1 Viewer)

workerdude85

HSC
N/A
Hey,
I went and saw a career counsellor today, and it appears i have a learning difficulty problem which they said is common and suggested this is the course to prepare me for knowing how to express myself in writing, and learning better and faster also if i receive good marks in the course or decent marks i will be able to enter university through this course along with mature age advantage, do anyone know about this course? is there any benefit to this course? please give me your thoughts thanks!

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
i don't think anyone here is going to argue with the advice of a careers advisor....

but yeah i think doing well in any sort of TAFE course or something will help you get into uni; and also help you when you're at uni because you will have additional skills/knowledge

if you are aiming for a particular uni degree, i would think about trying to do some sort of course which had some relevance and perhaps could credit towards your degree.

also, i have heard that UWS (not sure about other unis) allows people to take normal uni subjects, and if they do well they can be accepted into the degree and not have to do those subjects again.....but im not entirely sure about how to apply for that or anything

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I don't know anything about the course, but it sounds like it could be really helpful for you! :)

ianc said:
also, i have heard that UWS (not sure about other unis) allows people to take normal uni subjects, and if they do well they can be accepted into the degree and not have to do those subjects again.....but im not entirely sure about how to apply for that or anything
I think you might be talking about non-award study? Heaps of uni's offer it, I was thinking of doing it if I didn't get into uni this year.

krayzie_

HSC
TPC is like the adult version of HSC if memory serves correctly..
And like the counsellor said, it will prepare you in everyway for university.

I think your talking about exemptions? If you have done a subject which is similar in structure and content to the subject you are required to do at E.g. UWS, then yes you can apply for exemption! About doing so.. contact the faculty or just enquire and they will tell you how to go about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)