Test in Blacktown RTA... is angle park tested? (1 Viewer)

crazyes

HSC
Ive got a driving test in Blacktown soon.
I heard somewhere that the RTA were planning to give away the routes to practice before the test. Is it possible to get them from the RTA? ...

if not does anyone know the routes in Blacktown? and is angle park tested?

Any tips would be appreciated :)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
So what if they gave out routes for their tests? The driver is supposed to be ready for their test, not cheat and ask for the routes.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
don't know anything about routes, but there shouldn't be an angle park. they only test parking parallel to the kerb. how this works is that you'll have to do two or three manoeuvres during the test, which are selected randomly by the computer. the list of possible manouevres includes a reverse parallel park and a kerbside stop - i.e. both involving parking parallel to the kerb. (the kerbside stop may also involve a hill start if you're driving a manual.) but parking at an angle to or perpendicular to the kerb isn't tested, i'm fairly sure.

crazyes

HSC
don't know anything about routes, but there shouldn't be an angle park. they only test parking parallel to the kerb. how this works is that you'll have to do two or three manoeuvres during the test, which are selected randomly by the computer. the list of possible manouevres includes a reverse parallel park and a kerbside stop - i.e. both involving parking parallel to the kerb. (the kerbside stop may also involve a hill start if you're driving a manual.) but parking at an angle to or perpendicular to the kerb isn't tested, i'm fairly sure.
Thanks for this,
just wanted to know, because someone had told me that angle park is tested in some places. I am not familiar with Blacktown area, but I drove around there and could not find a spot where they could test angle park.....
anyway thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)