testin timing (1 Viewer)

CrashOveride

HSC
Hmm under an hour...i guess depends which year (for 3unit)
Last year i have to say was dead easy, except for maybe the very last one.
To make sure u dont make mistakes etc. id say a cool hour +20min would suffice.

Also does anyone know about 3u scaling, we talked about 4u for a while what would a raw mark of like 95% scale in 3unit ?

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
heehee, from the looks of it, most people here will do well. Maybe I should go off and start studying 4u maths. :S

still hafta LEARN mechanics and conics.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
lol, but why bother doing in under an hour anyway? unless you want to do the whole thing again, you're going to have a hell of a lot of thumb twiddling time once you've finished checking for the (n-1)th time (where n is there number of checks required to get all the damned stupid mistakes, and n-1 means the one you spot 10 seconds before they say pens down).
I figure save the trouble, and the mistakes...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
CrashOveride said:
Hmm under an hour...i guess depends which year (for 3unit)
Last year i have to say was dead easy, except for maybe the very last one.
To make sure u dont make mistakes etc. id say a cool hour +20min would suffice.

Also does anyone know about 3u scaling, we talked about 4u for a while what would a raw mark of like 95% scale in 3unit ?
Very high methinks, somewhere around 97-98

My 3u trial was piss easy, I shoulda finished it in <1 hour but I didn't read the cicle geo question properly, so that added about 10 mins to my time:p

EDIT: 3u HSC's there's usually a question in Q4-6 that I just can't see no matter how long I stare at it, so that'll be why I won't finish HSC in under 1:20

Last edited:

cj_bridle

HSC
ahh yep now everyone is doing a backflip on the timing.. isnt peer pressure wonderful

Euler

it's been quite a while for me, but i remember when doing studies for trials and HSC, i would aim at getting through the paper in two hours for 4U...of course, this was done at home or wherever, without the added pressure of it actually counting...

when you do sit the exam though, there are other factors which could slow you down, but seeing as i aimed for two hours, i could afford the little bit of luxury to let myself be panicked...

most HSC 4U papers can be completed, though i remember a couple which were a little bit difficult...i think 1993 had a weird inequality or something...then again, my memory may be going...

Archman

HSC
N/A
bah, i couldn't even finish our 4u trials at skool in 3 hours. ah well

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh i h8 1993...i can neva finish nething im not quick enuff i gotta do more by the HSC

ngai

HSC
hmm...any1 got a copy of that sbhs 04 trial?
every1 says its crazy

Archman

HSC
N/A
hmm i dun have it on my comp. I'm sure someone out there with a decent scanner can get it up though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)