• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Textbook Advice (1 Viewer)

cartzz

HSC
So yeah, just sat the Catholic Trial today...i dunno what others thought, but i got a question on the geographical extent of the persian empire when xerxes came to the throne --> so not ready for that.

My question: for those of you doing Greece 540-399, whats your best source of information? We never got a textbook for it, just a whole lot of photocopies of historians. This means im set for historiography, but its near impossible to make summaries when you're reading straight from a source like that...i like headings..and sub-headings..and dot points....

Any recommendations for a good textbook/study guide for this topic?

Magister

HSC
N/A
Re texts

The Macquarie Study Guide is helpful, and texts like Antiquity 2 are good general ones which have snippets of sources and references. The Internet Ancient History Sourcebook is a very valuable resource as it covers all periods and has great primary sources. It even has a section on historiography!

Hope this helps (oh, and there's always Bradley's texts, too!!)

Best wishes,

Magister

cartzz

HSC
Magister said:
The Internet Ancient History Sourcebook is a very valuable resource as it covers all periods and has great primary sources.
Cheers, that sounds awesome. Is there an address for this Internet Ancient History Source Book, or is it a Board of Studies publication?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)