• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Textbook Costs! (1 Viewer)

StephHasQuarks

HSC
Hey, can anyone tell me approximately how much uni textbooks will cost for first year engineering?

I need to know so that I can start saving up now since I'm super poor and I know I'm going to have to fork out a large amount of money beginning of the semester. I've tried searching on google but i haven't been able to find anything close to an answer so if anyone can help at all that would be great!

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If you don't care about book condition but only the content inside a book. There are some good second hand ones online (possibly). It will save you heaps.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I only use the bookshop for course notes. Others can be picked up elsewhere cheaper. Although it's a 20-50 (10- 25 cheeseburgers) saving, it can add up.

eng_K

HSC
Uni Grad
I only bought books for my PhD; even those were paid for. Never needed books for undergrad; forget them; or if you really cant, buy second hand and sell them later; they are pretty useless, the basic 1st year ones. Serway and Jewet if I remember was Physics (back in 2006); but the edition may vary depending on what your lecturer prescribes. Maths was... forget... sorry! You don't really need any others. They'll cost you 50-60 bucks second hand, maybe less. 100+ if you buy them new; which is useless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)