• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

TextBook Solutions (1 Viewer)

coroneosrules

A little while back drbuchanan had solutions to Fitzpatrick and Arnold and Arnold (both Ext 2 versions) on his website. He then took them down without any reason other than saying that they were useless. Perhaps the author of the solutions, who is selling them at $25 per chapter, requested them to be removed from the net. Anyway, whatever the reason for them being taken down, they are no longer available through his excellent website.

I did however download solutions to Chapter 35 of Fitzpatrick(Mechanics) from drbuchanan's site before they were removed and am happy to provide them to people who think they could benefit from them. I think it would be good if this thread could be devoted to people who have access to the solutions, either through quick download from the Buchanan site or through purchase, saying what solutions (book plus chapter) they have available. Then if students are stuck on a problem and wanting help they can see if there is somebody in the forum who has the solutions and can help them by consulting this thread.

While I agree, drbuchanan, that students should work on problems themselves to find a solution, I also believe that in an HSC year when time is at a premium and other subjects require attention, it can be valuable to consult a solution rather than spend a long time searching for what may ultimately be a very small error in a student's solution to a problem.

Anyway, I have Chapter 35 Fitzpatrick solutions if anyone wants them. Look forward to hearing from others who have solutions available for sharing.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i am infact sami in disguise... you're just scared of me buchanan. you're solutions are no match for my. just look at the price of my solutions, 30 bucks each chapter, i am a millionare and you are nothing. muhahaha :p

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i said i was in disguise... hahaha. :p

worked solutions are useless... i never even use textbooks LOL. maybe i should post your cambridge solutions on this forums, everyone is pm'ing me about it, but i think i'll make you angry if i do post it. hahaha. :(

abdooooo!!!

Banned
what the? hahaha... you should stick that in your sig LOL. gay quotes taken out of context... ;)

all i need worked solutions for is the actual working out, because i seem to lose marks all the time for workings even though my answer is right. maybe its just my teacher... she marks funny. its like proving a question, if you don't write therefore and the question at the end you'll lose a mark, even though you proved it. :mad:

is it true that if a question is really easy in the exams and 95%+ of people would get right they penalise you for trivial things like the spelling of parallelogram? thats what my 4u teacher told me, he said some teachers always do that. :mad:

edit: hahaha... why are deleting all your post... makes me look like im talking to myself... hahaha

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
So there was a reason why I downloaded all those Arnold, Coroneous and Fitzpatrick solutions a year after I did the Ext2 Mathematics exam. :p (Woah, 40 MB?!)

Edit: Took me 10 minutes findin' them, tho. ^o)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
LMAO thats wot i was thinking, man abdoo u had me for a minute there...flyin u still got em??

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Yeah, flyin' still has them on CD atm. They're for helping friends who might need them, if perchance they ask... or I decide to tutor Ext2 Mathematics which is highly unlikely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)