• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Textbooks? (1 Viewer)

ej114

HSC
I went looking for harder books in the book room and library today

Book room: MIF (latest edition, used in class), no cambridge, no fitzpatrik and only 4 coroneos (3 unit use them thats why there isnt a set and i cant take one).

Library was even worse all that had was ICE (from memory has something to with being made by the government (feel free to correct me if im wrong), not sure if the textbooks even relate to senior studies, if they did would it be worth getting a copy) and the rest only jr. textbooks.

What textbooks does your school have for 2 unit?

Gigacube

HSC
My school has MIF. It sucks which is why I also use the Cambridge textbook to help gain a greater understanding.

HSC
N/A
My school uses Maths In Focus 2 extension 1 Margaret Grove , we just dont do the extension qs, we also use Cambridge, 2U mathematics book 2 by S.B Jones and K.E Couchmen which is just like mini hsc qs not much explaining basically qs and also Signpost textbook by A. McSeveny and N.Bowen which has study guides for every chapter which is good

Aysce

HSC
MIF as well.. but I also use Cambridge and Fitzpatrick :)

jnney

lemon
HSC
Wow your library is pretty ..shit LOL :L

I suggest you buy your own cambridge and fitzpatrick textbooks, that's what most students have done.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Actually, there are 2u cambridge pdfs floating around, you should ask some people on this forum.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Our school has too many textbooks but they still give us Maths In Focus, although our teacher photocopies stuff from Fitzpatrick and Coroneos. But luckily, we get Terry Lee, Cambridge, Fitzpatrick for 4 Unit.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I love it how the library covers their textbooks with clear contact. So nice and warm. Way better than an extra blanket sheet during the winter time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)