that question in the mc, the graph, sound wave thing, whatever it was.. (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
is it true it wasnt in the syllabus? coz i was talking about it with one of the guys last night (the guy that always tops my class) and he was saying he and the guy who comes 2nd in my class went right through the syllabus the night before and it wasnt in there..and my teacher is going to go through it, see if he can find it, and if not hes going to send some emails away to the 'big-guys', so does anyone know if it was in there or not?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
There is something briefly in the heinemann text book, which was a diagram similar to that in the exam. It was part of the digital/analog conversion topic.

As to whether it is in the syllabus, I'm not sure. That was binary, and I was told we didn't need to know any of that for the hsc. Luckily I knew it from sdd though.

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Uhh, it was a year 11 topic, and they can ask questions from year 11, up to ?% I believe... or something like that? I dunno..

What's done is done.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
are you sure? coz i thought they could only test HSC syllabus (unlike maths)

Huy

HSC
N/A
I think everyone is missing the point here.

It's one mark out of a possible 100, not a life or death situation (or it may be for some, but get a grip).

If your raw mark was 99, then you'd have reason to be a little annoyed, if you had scored 19/20 in multiple choice. But as you're never reported the raw exam mark, and you'll end up knowing your final HSC mark, there's no big deal?

Even if you had scored 97 or 98 aligned exam mark, it's just as good as 99. (Don't be so petty about 1 mark), why not complain about the 3, 4, 5 and 6 markers that you've lost elsewhere? Was that "not in the syllabus" as well? The syllabus isn't exact and is only a guideline, why do you think they revise it all the time? ;)

I just thought I'd say that, my two cents on this matter.
(sorry to sound like a jerk though, I really do get annoyed when people whinge about 1 mark, but if it was 1 mark they wouldn't have received elsewhere in the exam, then there's no point in debating it. 1 mark in multiple choice can be offset by 2 marks gained in Section II for example :))

It's over, be happy! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)