The BCS theory in detail (1 Viewer)

Kaido

be.
HSC
I'd like to know both the math and physics in explaining how cooper pairs come to be (bosons). Some papers state that the exclusion principle is overcome by the coupling of electrons through the exchange of phonons, if so, how does that actually explain what is happening at the quantum level (basically, need elaboration to support this statement)
Also, feynmann diagrams can supposedly explain these concepts, but looking into them, i'm not sure if the relevance of the formulation of
theorems helps explain the formation of cooper pairs LOL.

Yeah, so, gimme a coherent answer explaining the principles of the formation of the cooper pair (chuck me some sites if you cbb explaining :p )

Kaido

be.
HSC
Yeah the wiki article was somewhat helpful , but it doesn't actually explain the principles in detail - only names the relative theories supporting the statements

I was looking for specific diagrams, math and physics calculations to explain the effect in detail

Thanks anyways

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
I'd like to know both the math and physics in explaining how cooper pairs come to be (bosons). Some papers state that the exclusion principle is overcome by the coupling of electrons through the exchange of phonons, if so, how does that actually explain what is happening at the quantum level (basically, need elaboration to support this statement)
Also, feynmann diagrams can supposedly explain these concepts, but looking into them, i'm not sure if the relevance of the formulation of
theorems helps explain the formation of cooper pairs LOL.

Yeah, so, gimme a coherent answer explaining the principles of the formation of the cooper pair (chuck me some sites if you cbb explaining :p )
HSC Physics BCS theory is different to real BCS theory (and is actually false). If you're going to learn real BCS theory, keep in mind that it may be 100% useless for the HSC (whereas for other topics, learning the real physics behind them at least aids understanding of the subject, which can help you learn the HSC version too as opposed to pure rote learning). HSC Physics BCS theory probably just needs to be rote learned.

I can't really remember whether this was relevant for BCS theory, but these equations are used to explain the Meissner effect: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_equations

Kaido

be.
HSC
HSC Physics BCS theory is different to real BCS theory (and is actually false). If you're going to learn real BCS theory, keep in mind that it may be 100% useless for the HSC (whereas for other topics, learning the real physics behind them at least aids understanding of the subject, which can help you learn the HSC version too as opposed to pure rote learning). HSC Physics BCS theory probably just needs to be rote learned.

I can't really remember whether this was relevant for BCS theory, but these equations are used to explain the Meissner effect: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_equations
That's precisely why I looked for explanations, just can't trust 60% of what HSC says LOL
Wiki skips the fundamental concepts, so jumping straight to the London equations doesn't tell me much :(

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)