• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Butterfly Effect (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Has anyone heard of this Oz band? I've been listening to their new single "One Second of Insanity" and it's excellent! Anybody else into them?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
They're OK...I have their self-titled album, which personally, I think was a bit of a stretch to be classed as an album. Theres only 6 songs on it, and they aren't long songs, either. You can get singles that are that length. (I got the album for $10, so it didn't work out that badly for me, but still!)
I don't know...they have some good stuff, but there are times when I just think they sound as though they're trying too hard. :(

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
they're going overseas to record soon, a bloke i know is going with them as a roadie

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah i've got a few of their songs.. i think they supported the chair at the diorama tour, i can't remember..

but they're okay, meh.

hmm butterfly wings, maybe it was an EP, not an 'album'..?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by johnson

hmm butterfly wings, maybe it was an EP, not an 'album'..?
That occured the me too, but they always described it on the radio when it came out as an "album"...I'm not sure though.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Sweet, might go in and have a look. They're full album was released today, or so the website says.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
They're full album was released today, or so the website says.
Oh, so maybe their other release was just an EP after all...
*retracts complaint about 'album length'*

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Yeah, i'd prefer to actually check out the EP before I buy the actual album. Where exactly near Town Hall is this place?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
It's on Pitt Street. Go to Town Hall Station, and get off at the Monorail Station exit. From there, it's basically just across the street, maybe a couple of shops to the left.

Mind you, I got that CD a couple of months ago, and that shop is just a wholesale place so their stock is inconsistent...so don't count on it being there when you go. But its always worth checking out anyway, it has a lot of shit in there, but if you look properly you can find plenty of bargains.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Ah okay thanks. Yeah I think my dad was telling me about that place a while ago, but it might be a good place to pick up some cheap music. Thanks.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Where are they playing on the 16th? Yeah, I wouldn't really classify the songs i've heard as metal, but Triple M have been playing them alot lately.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Hey St George fan. Thanks for winning on Sunday, kept Roosters in first spot on the ladder :D

spleen

i just got the cd sent to me, it's pretty good. a lot better than their ep actually. i also got 5 limited edition single to give away. (you know you want to enter, you cant get em in shops!)

spleen

plug: go buy spleenzeen, we're giving away the limited edition singles. (cmon its only $1.40...ask huy how good it is.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)