The Cabal - who wants in? (2 Viewers)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So anyway, the general idea is that the Cabal would be the governing body over four clubs, namely:

• The Jeopardy! Club
  • The UNSW Books Club
  • Pokemon Lovers Club
  • UNSW Indoor Cricket Competition

Now... we'll figure out who is what later, but we need to fill in "The Executive" first. Those positions are:

• President
  • Vice President
  • Treasurer
  • Arc Delegate
  • Secretary
There are also auxiliary roles which have a very important role in day-to-day operations and especially in meetings.

Club-by-club they are:

• The Jeopardy! Club
    • Scorekeeper: keeps track of the score displayed on the contestant's podiums
    • Personnel Manager or Constestant Co-ordinator: makes sure the contestants don't feel bad and have a positive experience coming out of it
    • Game Board Operator: works with the Host to help in gameplay
    • Researchers: scours any available resource to check that a wrong response given by a contestant is actually wrong, and not a right response that we have missed
    • Clue Writers: will help writing clues for the games
    • Clue Crew: they go around filming clues for use in the game - for example, they may go to the NSW Parliament House to film a category of clues relating to the NSW Parliament for example
    • Announcer: announces contestants and keeps order when the game is not being played, also announces the host
  • The UNSW Book Club
    • Selection Committee: They convene every so often to determine what book should be selected for next month
  • Pokemon Lovers Club
    • no auxiliary staff
  • UNSW Indoor Cricket Competition
    • Umpire: we will use two umpires, one that will sit in the usual place for an umpire (behind the batsman on a platform - who will also keep score), but perhaps - if a motion is passed on it (because that's what you have to do apparently) - also an umpire who umpires at the traditional place for an umpire (yes, I used the word umpire alot in that sentence - and this umpire would stand behind the wicket at the non-strikers end facing the strikers end behind the wicket).

So uhh... yeah. We're planning big. We're hopefully going to make this work. And it all starts with filling in positions...

So who wants in?

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Pretty lame name.

I'll only join if I can be President, and if everyone calls me El Presidente : )

twistedrebel

HSC
would this even be allowed? 4 distinct fields for 1 club.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Why do these clubs need an extra governing body on top?

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
only if i get paid. the payment does not have to be money. i just wonna play pokemon.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Arc, well - we can change the name later... the point is the "idea" =P

And you can only be president of some clubs - clubs you're part of... so which ones are you joining?

twisted, no - we're having four clubs - controlled by one... group of people.

pwoh, because we're one big family of club owners =P

mitchy, of course you'll be paid! You can have an executive position - that's payment enough!

davidbarnes, not really...

OMFG7891

HSC
There isn't already a book club? That's a bit sad.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
From what I can gather, there's no book club right now...

Deathless

HSC
I'll join the Book Club cus I like books :) and the Jeopardy club

But I think I will stay in USYD... Can I be a Treasurer or VP of Book or Jeop Club?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you stay at USyd you can only be an... Associate Member I think it's called. You still have to do a bit of Arc paperwork though.

And kaz, somewhat... though mostly I'm eager to start these clubs =P

sinophile

HSC
N/A
seems too ambitious, i think. but hey, if you can pull it off, all the more power to you. i can see that you'll pull a lot of brownie points if you manage to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)