• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

the effect of temperature and substrate concentration on enzyme activity (1 Viewer)

rosemcgregor

HSC
i'm doing a prac aseesment and need help!
my prac involves two tests, testing the effect of increased teperature and also the effect of change in substrate cocentrations on the activity of enzymes.
the enzymes being tested is using potato.
ijustneed tips on the aim, hypothesis, results, discussion and conclusion.
Please Please HELP!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
^isn't that everything in a prac exam?

lemme give you a start on aim: look at the title of this thread, and add to examine before it.

K

katie_tully

i'm doing a prac aseesment and need help!
my prac involves two tests, testing the effect of increased teperature and also the effect of change in substrate cocentrations on the activity of enzymes.
the enzymes being tested is using potato.
ijustneed tips on the aim, hypothesis, results, discussion and conclusion.
Please Please HELP!
Basically this prac is looking at the way an enzyme works, optimum conditions and eventually denaturation.

As you'd know 37 degrees is the 'optimum' condition for enzyme activity and what this test is demonstrating is the effect an increased temperature will have on the activity of that enzyme. If you heat it past 37 and onto 40 degrees what do you think will happen to the activity of the enzyme?

So your aim would be to demonstrate the effect temperature has on enzyme activity
Your hypothesis is what you think will happen with an increase/decrease in temperature or substrate concentration
Results: this will be based on temperature. you'll have a thermometer and you'll be checking at say, 2degree intervals to 'observe' the change
Conclusion: did the results confirm of disprove your hypothesis?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)