• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The "Friday Night - Channel 10" Thread - Britney/Almost Famous/Jamie Oliver (1 Viewer)

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Well, tomorrow looks very promising for network ten.

I am looking forward to seeing Ms. Britney strutting her stuff!

Almost Famous is in my top 5 of all time, so i urge EVERYONE to please see this masterpiece, created by Genuis director/screenwriter Cameron Crowe. This film won him his first and overdue academy award and a major shock when not included in the five best picture nominees - robbed by Chocolat. Winner Of Golden Globe for Best Picture and Supporting Actress. Kate would have probarbly won it that year, but Marcia Gay Harden came out of NOWHERE!!! to win Best Supporting Actress. Honestly, POLLOCK came out of absolutely NO WHERE! And righfully did :)

Jamie looks like he'll be making some awesome things, especially that chocolate thing. PUKKA-FREAKIN-TUKKA YALL!

Ashleet

HSC
"hold me closer tiny dancer.." i luv that movie, classic soundtrack

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Nate Berkus
Well, tomorrow looks very promising for network ten.

I am looking forward to seeing Ms. Britney strutting her stuff!

Almost Famous is in my top 5 of all time, so i urge EVERYONE to please see this masterpiece, created by Genuis director/screenwriter Cameron Crowe. This film won him his first and overdue academy award and a major shock when not included in the five best picture nominees - robbed by Chocolat. Winner Of Golden Globe for Best Picture and Supporting Actress. Kate would have probarbly won it that year, but Marcia Gay Harden came out of NOWHERE!!! to win Best Supporting Actress. Honestly, POLLOCK came out of absolutely NO WHERE! And righfully did :)

Jamie looks like he'll be making some awesome things, especially that chocolate thing. PUKKA-FREAKIN-TUKKA YALL!
lol go get a job where you can write reviews, it seems like you enjoy it and it comes naturally

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I think I still prefer the style that Wookie and David take up on the Movie Show/yet to be announced ABC project which I hope kicks 'Critical Mass' off the programme list.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Ashleet
"hold me closer tiny dancer.." i luv that movie, classic soundtrack
I love that song :D Almost Famous rocks.

Carlito

HSC
rofl at that britney concert, looks like shes miming, and hahahah she pretended to play the piano then got up halfway thru it and the song kept playing. i doubt she even knows how to play

:kaz.n:

HSC
yehh hehehei love the indian influence in her music...the "BRUUUAH" and the "OI OI OI" and "YEH YEH YEH" plus the foreign sounding drums r traditional music from punjab, india...bhangara and all that

i love itt! :D

other than that she was pretty mediocre

HSC
her nose sounded blocked when she was talking i think...but i mean she is a good performer

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
its the nasally voice prob again...she is two steps away from fran fine the nanny :rofl:

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
okay the concert was so horrible and sexual.
i meant arent there 13 yo going there?

HSC
hahaha does she have sinus or sumfin lol honestly her voice is sooo nasal

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
1. Britney's performance was innapropriate considering her audience. She's grown up...thats nice, good girl, go fuck a dancer, drink vodka and get over it. "Touch Of My Hand" and the intro video to "Outrageous" was down right too raunchy and possibly over the top. Otherwise, everything was fine in terms of sex.

2. "Everytime". Well, the audience went wild when she sat in front of the piano, but the CROWNING MOMENT was when she got up and the piano keys were still playing. Ro-Freakin'-Flmao! But at least she didnt lip sync that song, however her voice struggled to stay strong, but i nearly cried during her performance (and like i said, until she stood up).

3. Me Against The Music (ENCORE) was really, really well done, and a great finish.

4. The large penguin guy sucked, well the editing did anyway. I hated the screen when he appeared, too many pictures, and too "busy" looking!

------------------------------------------

MARCIA GAY HARDEN

Now, i mentioned how she and pollock came out of nowhere at the Academy awards. I forgot that this years oscar joke was that Marcia "marcia-d" herself! She got nominated for like, nothing until the Oscars for Mystic River. LOL!

---

Almost Famous - 9/10. Thats my review, minor criticisms of It. Frances McDormand was amazing.

---

Missed Jamie Oliver. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)