The "how to be sick and dying at uni" thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
I don't know how it's done. So any tips would be appreciated :(

Heaps of people I know are sick at the moment, it sucks! Major boo for taking almost the whole week off because you're sick, then deciding that you should probably drag yourself there on thursday, then halfway through the day realising that it was the stupidest idea possible and having to discover the uni doctors don't have a free spot until roughly the time when your last tute finishes :(

(welcome to my world btw)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
When I'm in a pickle, I take Panadol. No not really, I usually take some lemsip prior to heading in, and just soldier on, unless (like what happened at the MQ Debating Cup) I'm totally bugged in which case, you'll see me kinda die :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
1. don't go
2. take artificial stuff (i.e. drugs)
i don't have any better suggestions :(

yeah so many people are sick, like half this board and so many other people. i've got better, but it was a gradual process.

HSC
N/A
yeah, I generally don't take any drugs unless I really really need to. I also usually don't get too sick, unless it's like now :/

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Well the nicest thing to do is not to pass it on...so stick to tutes if your really feel like going to uni.

A lot of sleeping sweating, drink hot tea and take the maximum dosage/frequence of proper cold/flu medicine and/or cough syrup.

Oh, and make sure you regularly clear muscus from your chest/nose...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I bet its some sort of asian flu, damn internationals!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glitterfairy said:
yeah, I generally don't take any drugs unless I really really need to. I also usually don't get too sick, unless it's like now :/
:( yeah just stay home and go to tutes and subjects without ilecture til you're a bit better. there's no point dragging yourself there when you're not going to feel like listening in the lectures, imo.

GoodToGo said:
A lot of sleeping sweating, drink hot tea and take the maximum dosage/frequence of proper cold/flu medicine and/or cough syrup.
i'm interested - why do you say to take the max dose?
i took between the min and max because i thought there are kids smaller than me (from 12 years old) and there are people bigger than me, and i don't like to take more than i have to. that could be why i think cough medicine is a scam ;) but even when i did get fed up and take the max dose it didn't work

HSC
N/A
yeah :(

Damn, I'm beginning to feel worse now than I did earlier today (and I'm finally on drugs now). What the hell is going on? It's not quite a relapse because symptoms aren't the same as when I started getting sick, but it's like, mutating into this other stupid sickness now... this sucks so badly... *pitiful face*

GTG - I actually try not to take cough medicines - I was doing a musical a few years ago where my cough got so bad I couldn't speak without coughing, and everytime I went offstage I would drink from my cough medicine bottle... lol. So you could say I have developed a resistence to cough syrup :p

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i was going to say in my first post that this thing going around seesm to, like, mutate! it changes its characteristics and symptoms, haha. anyway people always feel worse at night and better in the morning, especially if they manage to get a good sleep.

HSC
N/A
I'm actually finding it harder and harder to go to sleep as my cough gets worse :( either I wake up in the night sporadically, coughing so hard that I can't breathe for a few seconds (yeah, that's fun) or having such a dry throat that it's too uncomfortable to sleep.

sickness FTL :( whingewhingewhinge *sends sympathy vibes to all the other MQ sicky boos*

*hopeful*

HSC
^lol
go to the doctor! let them figure out what u should be doing

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
yeh i hate being sick
when i do, it lasts like 2 months dammit

coldrol works a bit
<3 coldrol!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
meee, well, spring. but not month wise, only weather wise.

*hopeful*

HSC
i prefer winter over summer
but i prefer summer activities over winter activities ie beach

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
i'm interested - why do you say to take the max dose?
i took between the min and max because i thought there are kids smaller than me (from 12 years old) and there are people bigger than me, and i don't like to take more than i have to. that could be why i think cough medicine is a scam ;) but even when i did get fed up and take the max dose it didn't work
glitterfairy said:
I actually try not to take cough medicines - I was doing a musical a few years ago where my cough got so bad I couldn't speak without coughing, and everytime I went offstage I would drink from my cough medicine bottle... lol. So you could say I have developed a resistence to cough syrup
The maximum dosage/frequency is okay for all adults without any medical conditions...they put very conservative dosages so you'll have to go significantly over the limit to feel any negative side-effects (which is usually just drowsines). It's not a scam, but you're never gonna get instant results...you need to take it for a sustained period and it should make your cough go away quicker than without.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)