The HSC Advice Line Forum (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
We'd encourage everyone to post any official answers in this forum, regardless of the question.

Please include the name of the subject in the title of the thread!
For example:
"English Adv - King Lear readings"
"Physics - Eddy currents"
"Maths Ext 2 - harder 3U topics?"

Make good use of this valuable and free resource! You can have any question answered!

HSC Advice Line: 13 11 12
Now open!

Originally posted by Viper
As we all should know, the HSC Advice line will be open from Monday 29th September onwards. I was thinking that when someone rings up and gets an answer concerning any subject, that they could put it on the board of studies forum.

This way, we can know what has already been asked, and get good, clear answers from the people at the advice line without ringing them up.

I think its a good idea. What do u guys think? Lets get this going.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ok that's a great idea, and then i'll have ideas on what i can ask them as well

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i figure im screwed no matter what i do ive been sleeping in my study so my parents think ive been working, i still hope to get 93 though, ive never studied b4 and i cant start now

coroneos

Is it all anonymous? or do you need to provide student number details etc.?

Oh damn... lol..

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
[
Originally posted by coroneos
Is it all anonymous? or do you need to provide student number details etc.?

Oh damn... lol..
u have to give name, birthday and student number

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
hey, can ppl, in this forum, pls put the subject in their thread titles....i mean, for now it might b alright, but when the amount grows, then we might b left with the headache of clicking on every single thread. :eek:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
mine is 115301** lol i had it on my sc paper

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
everyone should know their student number by now, after the school certificate and the trials

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
hey where can u get urself a personal advisor.. i think one would go perfect at my house

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
Agh only open from 4pm? WHAT IF I NEED IT NOW, NOW, NOW? Surely there's smart monkeys somewhere with nothing better to do than help me with Hamlet. Come on, I'm important!!

Blackers

damn imaginative journeys

howdy,

Something that is really annoying me bout the unit on Imaginative journeys (and this may come across a bit stupid), is the actual definition of the concept itself. I have bout 3 assessments on it, but I'm constantly failing to crack a good mark, obviously because im not telling them what they want to hear.

What exactly are the markers at the HSC going to expect you to say the imag journey is?

Thx a mil

rumour

HSC
twisted_emily said:
everyone should know their student number by now, after the school certificate and the trials
We didn't use it in our trials!!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we didnt either. It's not difficult to memorise considering the OTHER thousands of things we need to know ;)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i know mine off by heart..possibly coz i wrote it down numerous times for the maths hsc last yr, its not essentional to memorise it neway, furthermore, we didnt use it in our trials for some reason

Last edited:

pocohantas

Blackers said:
howdy,

Something that is really annoying me bout the unit on Imaginative journeys (and this may come across a bit stupid), is the actual definition of the concept itself. I have bout 3 assessments on it, but I'm constantly failing to crack a good mark, obviously because im not telling them what they want to hear.

What exactly are the markers at the HSC going to expect you to say the imag journey is?

Thx a mil
what have you been writing about imaginative journeys?

i am doing that unit too...it is frusterating...i dont know why but there is somthing confusing about it.

i think they want to know 'how the texts your studying, ie imaginative journeys, convey ideas about journeys...' basically i've focused on the fact that they are not real...and yet they can be just as effective....etc...

i think however that it depends on the question given as to what slant you put onto you answer.

but i'd say just mainly focus on the different journeys represente, how they are reprisente, back up with quotes etc and what an imaginary journey provides that if different/same as other journeys.

hope this isnt just what u alwready kno.
good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)