"The HSC is not the end of the world..."sureee (1 Viewer)

velzee

In silence let him lie.
HSC
bobet said:
HAHA OMG YES!
I know some really arrogant kids that in truth have no brains. They regurgitate textbooks and have little thought process on their own - or they have warped views on social issues. Quite hilarious. They also have no idea about the real world.

Does anyone else know similar people? ^^
For sure, these are the 'ideal students' that lack imagination and creative thought. They have no originality and only conform to false belief systems. It is truly a trajedy but in time they will really learn. Perhaps arrogance is their own deceit.

ASNSWR127

HSC
I will lie to nobody - nobody else gives a fuck that much, seriously aren;t there more important things for you to consider then your friends UAI?? well the same will work for them...

unless of course your friends UAI is important to you?!?!?!?!?! that is a little sad though if you are trying to 'beat' them in the HSC! The HSc is a means to an end.... no more.

kthxbambi

HSC
my dad and his GF really do care about my UAI
like to them it really defines who you will become etc
but i wouldnt lie to them, id just appologise, then go talk to people who dont care, feel better, and find another way

its not the end of the world, but for some people there is a shitload of pressure to act like it is

runnable

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
tbh I've never lied about my UAI irl. except in a job interview. seriously they have no clue whether you are lieing or not. they cant tell unless they physically ring up uac and ask for it which no company would have the time to do so for x amount of candidates. and even if they did i dont think UAC is allowed to give out your UAI to employers just as teachers cant get access to students UAI. and yes i got the job lol.
If they cared about your UAI, they may ask you to bring a certificate or such?

Just.waiting

HSC
Well, I know quite a few people who didn't do that well in their HSC... and now they are shit poor and unsuccessful. My uncle, for example, didn't do that well in his HSC, only has HSC as his qualification, and is now shacked up with some drug addict, has aids, a missing tooth and a CARDBOARD BOX in the city.... and he's fucked up his life.

HSC is the end of the world... really

Just.waiting

HSC
lou071 said:
HSC is NOT the end of the world!!!!!!!!
Think about this, when you were in year 10, just finished School Certificate,
people asked u about how u went in SC, but as time goes, when you do your
HSC, they don't even care about your SC result.
Same thing, as u go to uni and take on further education, HSC is less importantly considered
Dude. It was a parody.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
miche11e said:
hmm... if i got a low UAI, i would probably tell my close family and friends and just tell everyone else i went OK.

Uni was what i planned for next year, but if i couldnt go, i would probably get a job in the field im going for just for the experience. I dont think it would be the end of the world, but it would still change my life probably.
exactly.
and if nothing else works, TAFE

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Yeah prolly. I did pretty shit for my HSC but hopefully I dont end up as a complete failure only time will tell I guess. My mum works for the RBA and because of that I've got to meet my mums work mates, managers who havent gone passed their HSC. My mum introduced me to one manager who says only did the SC and worked his way up.
what? don't you do b comm (lib studies) @ USYD? i think i remember you 'mentioning' it in one of your posts :)

and ya, end of da wurld

Natendo

HSC
I won't be lying when the inevitable occurs in December.

I feel confident that some of the things I have learnt and gained in my higher schooling are immeasurable and of higher value than any one score can attempt to reflect.

HSC
Natendo said:

I feel confident that some of the things I have learnt and gained in my higher schooling are immeasurable and of higher value than any one score can attempt to reflect.
+1

I'm still lying :D

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
The HSC is not the end of the world... if you don't get into uni go to tafe and then uni, big deal you get delayed a little

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Natendo said:

UAI reflects a lot more than u think

Natendo

HSC
Rhanoct said:
UAI reflects a lot more than u think
several studies have concluded that how one performs in their higher school examinations is no real prediction into the success of a person later in life.

Thank you for assuming what I think. Well, now it's my turn to discern what you think. You may say the HSC reflects commitment, perseverance etc. And I agree.

However, I for one, don't think 'success' (brought later in life) is being far too rediculously rich, with a white collar job. For me success is maintaining a sense of myself, continually striving to be better than I am i.e. to always percieve a sense of the 'other' and to have strong relationships with my friends and family.
What have I learnt and achieved this year which will help me attain what I think is success? - I had to prioritise when it came to balancing caring for family members and trying to study therefore solidifying my family relationships. I relinquished my fear of 'failure' or what society tells me is inadequate. I got involved in the community of my school when everyone else was to busy 'studying' during their free's. I went out and had fun with my friends and learnt my limits. I took risks with my learning.

And that's pretty much my whole life story :hammer:

Quacker87

HSC
HSC outcome doesn't predetermine anything for your future. Ambition and attitude do, and a few other factors. A few of my friends did terribly in the HSC..My most successful friend got less than 30 as her UAI, another friend got 40 and is now doing Honours in Psychology at uni... It doesn't count as much as you think. Obviously, it is beneficial if you do well in the HSC; people won't doubt your intelligence or ability to study as much, but there are so many alternative pathways to further education now- HSC has lost it's importance in many ways.

So in short, if you do terribly in you HSC, but you're motivated then you will still get where you want to get.

Last edited:

lionking1191

HSC
Natendo said:
several studies have concluded that how one performs in their higher school examinations is no real prediction into the success of a person later in life.

Thank you for assuming what I think. Well, now it's my turn to discern what you think. You may say the HSC reflects commitment, perseverance etc. And I agree.

However, I for one, don't think 'success' (brought later in life) is being far too rediculously rich, with a white collar job. For me success is maintaining a sense of myself, continually striving to be better than I am i.e. to always percieve a sense of the 'other' and to have strong relationships with my friends and family.
What have I learnt and achieved this year which will help me attain what I think is success? - I had to prioritise when it came to balancing caring for family members and trying to study therefore solidifying my family relationships. I relinquished my fear of 'failure' or what society tells me is inadequate. I got involved in the community of my school when everyone else was to busy 'studying' during their free's. I went out and had fun with my friends and learnt my limits. I took risks with my learning.

imo he meant HSC reflects not only a one-off exam but rather your dedication, organisation and perserverance to accomplish a goal throughout the course of 2 years.

now that rant about future success is a little over.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Natendo said:

cool

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
CrownerOf.Kings said:
They tell you that. They say, "there are so many, other, alternative paths toward your study", but you try telling that to my parents.

I was wondering, since nobody gets a hold of your UAI but you, if its devistatingly low, would you lie to everybody?
I like your user name.
Your parents love you , corny as it may sound. I do understand , if you've failed to meet goals you've set for yourself , that's always difficult to handle...but you can learn alot from this experience - you've got so much to look forward to now! Your FREE :)..may i point out that the UAI is fairly meaningless -most 'good' results are due to memory , not any sort of honest, in depth understanding.
It's just a silly number...it's more important to know what you want to do - you will now be able to look at your life plans/ideas objectively...not just pick the course with the highest required UAI.
Work towards your goal diligently and I think with lessons you learned this year , you will succeed.
No need to lie...but of course , you may wish to simply keep your results private , just because you can =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)