• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the incorporation of the physical journey within the aspects of memory... (1 Viewer)

Teddythebenny

HSC
hello everyone

i was wondering, if u guys would give me your opinion on the texts that im incorporating within my speech.

well to start of with, theres the usual, composers stuff and also this: we dont receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey.

soo, on my point of view i wont to use the following texts so as to integrate that sentence within the speech, while also "addressing how composers have used their texts to value different aspects of the journey."

and they are: Peter Skrzynecki, poems "feliks Skrzynecki" & "the post card"
also "A square of sky" memoirs of a wartime childhood by Janina David.

the reason i chose peters skrzynecki is that i've done it in class, and in a way i understand him. also in "feliks Skrzynecki" peter has the belief that he doesnt belong in the phantasmal persona that his father creates, that everything is ok, and that life is more or less a dawn and dusk. whiel peter feels excluded from his father past, and experiences in the war time labour camp in germany in WWII.

While also in the "post card" he refers to the destruction and tormoil of the cranage that occured in warsaw, and he cant seem to escape the past in which he has never lived, but seems to linger, till the point were:

I stare
At the photograph
and refuse to answer
the voices
of red gables
and a cloudless sky.

on the river's bank
a lone tree
whispers:
"we will meet
before you die."

this is a real good, since it creates a vivid imagery in which is epitomizes the past.

and the reason i took "A square of sky", and i know its a book that alot of people wouldnt read, but like i said "memoirs of a war time childhood" its about a girl who escapes the warsaw getto and runs away to a convent, while at the end of the story, she wait for her parents return, and in the end she relises their both dead. and that fits perfectly with the sentence, and through this i want to incorporate the point of wisdom through a journeys end of the point of sorrow.

so thats what i want to do, but since its a speech, i wanted to know your opinions on the matter of the texts im choosing, is it bad or good ?

thank for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)