• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Judas Kiss (poster & promotion) (1 Viewer)

osbornssnaks

HSC
I was originally doing performance, but because I really suck at performance I decided to change to design. I'm doing the Judas Kiss and I'm kind of stuck for researchy type stuff. What should I include in my log? And I'm keeping my log from performance.. Good idea?

Gummy_bear

HSC
hi. i also changed from performance, but i changed ages ago so i didnt keep my log book. but if your changing now, you definately should, and show the reasons why your changing. you should include research from the play, examples of other promos for the play, any symbolism, metaphors and themes and motifs etc. this will also help you with designing it. if you ever have any ideas, jot them down and include sketches of possible images etc. id also read the play and jot down what you think are the major scenes etc.
include mindmaps too, ppl love them. make sure you put in every thought you have, no matter how irrelevant it may seem, because unlike performance, the examiners will be looking through your logbook thoughaly, so you REALLY need to show your thinking process and how you got to your final piece.
im doing costume and ive even included skeches of possible layouts for my renderings.
maybe you could also take a look at reviews and good quotes about the play that you could use in you promo. im sure it would be good if you used real quotes instead of making them up.
hope i helped!

tendays

ickle firstie
HSC
everything is the simple answer.
i've just hit over one hundred pages in mine and I've researched everything from the nineteenth century to aestheticism to wilde to ross to even beardsley and things floating around in the day,, colour symbolism etcetc.
i took the approach of researching everything i even thought briefly about, i have a table of contents in another thread in this subtopic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)