The Mist (2 Viewers)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Released 2007, based on stephen King's novella.

Did a search but couldn't find any topics about this movie. imo, one of the most effective horror movies i've seen in a long time.

the only negative about the movie is the 'hollywood' ending compared to king's original ending, which i feel is simply for shock value.

still overall a superb movie.
thoughts?

Pace_T

HSC
gay ending. what garbage

and im glad that fucking religious bitch died

*i think ive got the right movie in mind :s

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yeah you do; ending goes against the mentality which the characters hold for most of the film.

and i wouda ducttaped that religious bitch as soon as she opened her mouth.

Ligeti

HSC
How was the ending "Hollywood"?

I haven't seen the original, or read the book, how do these end? Because I thought the ending of this version was great

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
is this the one where

they shoot each other at the end and then the army comes by with sum tanks?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yes.

the original ending is that basically they turn on the radio and hear a single word broadcasted lost in static from some town, and the story ends with them putting their hope in that one source.

and the ending to the movie is stupidly incorporated to add to the horror elements of the film; consider just how antithetical the movie ending runs compared to the mentality of the various characters throughout the rest of the film.

Ligeti

HSC
yes.

the original ending is that basically they turn on the radio and hear a single word broadcasted lost in static from some town, and the story ends with them putting their hope in that one source.

and the ending to the movie is stupidly incorporated to add to the horror elements of the film; consider just how antithetical the movie ending runs compared to the mentality of the various characters throughout the rest of the film.
I think it seems abrupt because the movie fails in giving us an accurate sense of how much time passes by between scenes. We don't how long they had been feeling hopeless, desperate, and what not.

But I think it's possible that the same characters that fought hard to stay alive and not fall into inmoral behaviour could reach a breaking point and just give up all hopes and just a less tragic end than in the hands of the creatures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)