• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Official College Thread (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Ok cos BOS has threads for uni and TAFE this is the college thread.. whos going to college? anyone?

Im going to KvB Institiute of Technology (run through Bond University) to study B/Arts- Visual Communicaton.. Ill do it fo 2 years then transfer to uni to do my DipEd

Last edited:

Rory

HSC
I'm going to the University of Canberra College for 13 weeks or so then transferring into the Uni for second semester :)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
yeah hence the reason Im gonna turn down any uni offer I get... if I even get one.. but Im not gonan turn it down straight away cos I paid for the course but dont have a confirmation letter yet.. even though I have been accepted.. I want that letter first.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
yay another vis comm person! visual communication is the best, wherever it's done.

i was gonna apply for KvB in 03 but didn't bother since it's in Sydney, (i don't like sydney 'coz i'm a country gal :)

but i go to a college, it's currently seeking university status tho... since it offers quite a range of both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees... on top of cert/dip courses, so it may possibly be a uni by the time i grad...

i love it... except its a bit annoying how its not widely known like the major universities.. and sometimes you feel left out on these forums, people talking about their uni's, people talking about tafe, but there are few college people.

random person: so what do you do?
me: bachelor of arts in visual communication at Avondale College
random person: never heard of that college, where is it?

but then, it's very well known within my church (SDA, which has a very widespread international presence), and coz i'm gonna work for my church someday... it helps

Last edited:

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
awsome

It would be nice to have an actual college area thingy even if it wasnt for specific colleges.. just somewhere college folk can go to talk about college like uni and TAFE have

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
KvB costs and arm and a leg even with a partial scholarship...some of my freinds did the test and most got in easily. Only a few are gonna fork out the money to do the course though. The rest are opting for uni.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
yeah it costs a lot but they have fee help now... like HECS but not... What test/ I did no test.. I had an interview

luckyduck

wow KVB looks so cool .
i just went to the site
neway i'm gonna go to college that insearch run by uts, gona do dip. business studies

how exciting...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)