The perks of being a BoS member! (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im just thinking, how amazing it is that as BoS members we are able to access this highly anticipated information more than 24 hours before the rest of the state! The seriousness of it only hits you when you think about it. Thanx to whoever found it and shared it (hehe even though I haven't looked and don't intend to), its times like these the advantages of this site really shines!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If only they had that last year...

But come to think about this is a real bonus to you youn' uns out there.

I wonder if UAC will change the link for next year?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i totally agree, thanks heaps! this forum rocks! and does definitely have it's advantages!

the only prob is seeing what people you know put down, and knowing their uai was lower than the cutoff, and then seeing them and acting all happy, pretending you know nothing. :(

^___^
HSC
ahaha!!

on msn right now and ppl were all msg saying how they found the 04 cut off and i'm there typing
"yea, got that last night..ta"

maniacguy

What usually happens is that UAC would have the cut-offs in advance (well, obviously they'd know the cut-offs sometime before the newspapers publish it) and have it in nice neat document form for going up on the website. Then they put it onto the website and create the links to it.

After all, it doesn't really matter whether the '04 cut-offs come out early, does it? Happens a lot in other places too - uni sites, some weekly bulletin sites, etc. - they'll have stuff up earlier than advertised, but the links won't be set up.

So flyin', I doubt that they'd change the link for next year. It's not as if it were a secret upon which the fate of the world depended, after all... [note: any megalomaniacs thinking of making it said secret, please make sure we don't find out about it so I can't be corrected :p]

adamj

Originally posted by flyin'
If only they had that last year...

But come to think about this is a real bonus to you youn' uns out there.

I wonder if UAC will change the link for next year?
Maybe not, I think a problem is, despite how prolonged it may be, the UAC along with many corperate organisations and government departments are all into making sure their web addresses are consistant, many as a result take advantage of this.

What they should (and probably will do) is publish the document later on.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
( bos should have a mascot!)
have you been on the uni forums?

anyway, bow about a goat

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
It is pretty amazing.. I got my HSC results a few hours before they were released, my UAI nine hours before it was released and now the cut-offs 48 hours before release.. all of which thanks to the generous folk on BoS. :D

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
people....wake up...the link was NOT on the main page but on the COURSE SEARCH page!

s2ophie

HSC
thanks so much to BOS! I found out the cut-off hours before i started to even get close to nervous and now i am just ecstatic to know i'm going to UNSW!!! Yay for BOS

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
yeah thanks addz, you're a bloody genius :D
and bos of course! my saviour!

adamj

I think a lion, since unis love lions on their crests and it represents how we feel on the eve of HSC exams.

adamj

Well a mascot would be nice. Don;t make me go researching this site into everything you said and make me respond to them by saying you need relaity checks.

Nah Jkz.

But I like my Lion Idea, he can be pictured on that tower in the Macquaries crest with the UWS bird flying above, in the skies of the Southern Cross of the southern cross uni, flying towards Charles Sturt who is in New England.

Chris462

Originally posted by adamj
Well a mascot would be nice. Don;t make me go researching this site into everything you said and make me respond to them by saying you need relaity checks.

Nah Jkz.
yeah i wouldn't reccomend that either, most of my posts are quite worthless, you would be occupied for quite some time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)