• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The science of climate change (1 Viewer)

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
The federal Opposition Leader Tony Abbott claims that the science of climate change is absolute crap. A) Do you support action on climate change and environmental protection. B)Is Labor the best party to tackle environmental degradation and secure a more socially just future for the planet and people. C) Do you support cutting the number of people who are unemployed or do you support environmental exploitation to support economic growth.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Those questions are so loaded they could be straight from Q & A.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
A) Do you support action on climate change and environmental protection
The carbon tax cannot be described as "taking action on climate change" and "environmental protection" considering it realistically impacts neither climate change nor the environment.

C) Do you support cutting the number of people who are unemployed or do you support environmental exploitation to support economic growth.
????????????????????????????????????????????

Bremjo96

HSC
A) I do, there is clear evidence that climate change is real just look at the resent tornados in Victoria, I mean really when was the last time you heard of tornados in Australia? So even if we are the only country that are doing it at least someone is, and we should the persuade others to do the same.
B) I really don't know, I don't pay a lot of attention to politics anymore. Its turned into more of a t.v. show then a government.
C)I believe that there is a place where both can be equally improved without affecting the other.

Just because it bugs me, earth hour is a joke sure it allowed awareness before but it's impossible to avoid the subject now. Earth hour does nothing but make people feel good about themselves now, as if an hour makes any difference to the 8759hours where everything is still running.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)