The Significance of Hatshepsut's Coronation Scenes (1 Viewer)

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
Hey
Im doing an assessment on the significance and importance of Hatshepsut's coronation scenes. I understand what they were and that they were important as they show her coronation as pharaoh and that she was chosen as the heir to the throne by Thutmose I, her father. But is there any underlying significance or importance in particular with any of the scenes?

Although the speech is on this question i have discussed what the coronation scenes show and i'm just worried i haven't talked enough about the significance.

So any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

X

xeuyrawp

Yeah it sounds like you missed a few things, but otherwise okay.

I'd check out the actual scenes if you can, and see what you think about them. :)

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
hey
yeh i cant seem to find any pictures of the scenes either in google. i have one picture in my textbook of Amun presenting the child Hatshepsut to the gods, but im not sure where in the scenes that fits in because i thought it was her father thutmose I, who presented her to the gods during their journey through egypt. :)

X

xeuyrawp

Becky222 said:
hey
yeh i cant seem to find any pictures of the scenes either in google. i have one picture in my textbook of Amun presenting the child Hatshepsut to the gods, but im not sure where in the scenes that fits in because i thought it was her father thutmose I, who presented her to the gods during their journey through egypt. :)
There are scholarly publications out there that deal with it. I think the only complete collection of the Coronation Scene is in Edouard Naville's publication...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)