The Wizard of Oz imaginative journey (1 Viewer)

zcb666

HSC
I am doing "The Wizard of Oz" for my related text to Coleridge's poems and imaginative journeys in general.
I am a bit confused about some of the connections between the poems and the movie.. Can somebody please help out?

The quote "Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the earth or slinks through slimy seas has a brain!" has to do with Rime of the Ancient Mariner and i have picked that much up. But how can i say that in an essay?

Also when Dorothy goes to the Land of Oz, the colour comes in, showing that she is in her new imaginative world. I understand this fully, but again am not sure about how to put this into words? Any help?

If you can help, please do. Thanks anyways. If you don't wish to explain this in a big message on these forums, but have some useful info that could help me out. Add me on MSN messenger, my email address is "jbbccro15@hotmail.com".

Thanks anyway.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
I can help you...

BUT...

Why would you do Rime of the Ancient Mariner when Kubla Kahn works sooo much better...that and Lime Tree Bower.

Okay...

Some Wizard of Oz things to say:

Dorothy travels to 'Oz' a completely imaginary place...
Dorothy 'follows the yellow brick road' metaphoric for her imaginative journey...
The change to colour is symbollic of the change from reality to imagination...
Reality intrudes on imagination through the characters from reality being seen in the land of Oz...

All of these things relate perfectly to Kubla Kahn. I would be more inclined to use that...

Hope I helped...

xx

zcb666

HSC
Fair enough, yeah. Ok sounds good, i was doing Rime of the Ancient Mariner for something else, but yeah. I can get the Kubla Khan one. I think i have enough info for now on Wizard of Oz. Now onto my other related text, "Lost". Great =[

h3ktik

HSC
hey i was just wondering u mentioned that the movie The wizard of oz related greatly to the poem Kubla Khan how is that?

In what way do the imaginativ journeys relate?
i would love help thanks

Tim Woods

HSC
Hey if any body has studied the film 'contact' and has any notes or info, i would love you to send them to me. email woodsy_32@hotmail.com.
bit confused about how it potrays and imagintive journey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)