theories of social change (1 Viewer)

ashley23

HSC
Can anyone please explain the 'cyclical theory' and the 'post-modernist theory'?

If so, that would be great.
Thanks

pig_93

HSC
i have never heard of them.
all i have heard of is like conflict structuralism, or structuralism or functionalism.
hmm weird...

where did u get these from??

winicat

HSC
pig_93: they're, like, important things, so if you're doing sac i'd get to know them lol

ashley: i have my cont&change notes posted in a thread above, there's brief notes on the theories at the bottom of it. also try the excel text book for brief outline. your teacher is also a good resource lol

EDIT: opps! social change, sorry, not c&c lol umm.... ignore the first step? lol

soulshine

HSC
i've heard of them. and have some notes on them... but i really dont think you need to learn them. perhaps just acknowledge that they exist... i dunno...

freaked

HSC
Conflict, Functionalism, Evolutionary.
Only ones I've heard of

Brookie7

HSC
im pretty sure you are only meant to know the three main ones outlined in the text book. like you said freaked (conflict, functionalist, and evolutionary) the others are extra.

winicat

HSC
briefly what i remember about them

conflict: conflict causes change, marx (theorist)
functionalist: god knows, i never bothered with it lol
evolutionary: change as part of the expansion of the society (i dunno, that could just be me making something up lol)

i don't think i ever really ended up learning these. i just talked about the conflict theory and only ever got 2 or 3 outta 4 for my responses. apparently functionalist is best, and talk about cyclical when they want you to point out negative stuff abouts it.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
fuctionalist: everyone is society agrees to common norms, morals etc...change comes from an external place. i dun really know too much about this cause we learnt more about conflict theory.

i have good class notes on structural functionalism and conflict theory if anyone wants them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)