• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

They'll give it back right? (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Do they return the MWs after they've marked it? cos i would imagine wanting it back to keep, after a year's worth of work...

If so, usually when do they give it back? do we pick it up at the school or what?

clerisy

HSC
I think so. I think they send it back to your school a couple of months in to the next year.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Yep they send it back to the school mid-way through Term 1 of the following year.

Some have told me they don't want it back coz they're so sick of it. lol But it's the same for drama, T&D, Art, etc. They're returned around March.

rosie rose

yep, they send it back, but if yours isn't there with the rest of the projects sent back to your school it has probably been nominated for the bos cd rom thingamajig.

Giant Lobster

HSC
so for the ones that make it in the showcase, they aren't returned? hmmmm
but then bos profits from selling these showcases, and they just nick works off students without any compensation.. that doesnt seem very fair

o well i neednt worry, sif ill make it in the showcase

Serpentia

Originally posted by Giant Lobster
so for the ones that make it in the showcase, they aren't returned? hmmmm
but then bos profits from selling these showcases, and they just nick works off students without any compensation.. that doesnt seem very fair

o well i neednt worry, sif ill make it in the showcase
ahhh I love that optimism :D :D

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
lol nope, no compensation. But what the hell...you get to go around with the biggest head thinking, HAHA suckers, I topped EE2 lol

But seriously, yes you do get it returned, but then again wont the copy be on your computer anyway? Unless the anti-hsc bug has wormed its way through all ur files!

Giant Lobster

HSC
Nah im cheap and lazy. It costs 20c / pg to print at school! and i estimate even more if i use my crappy printer :p

So only if you get 50/50 externally will you make it in the showcase?
I thought they dont take the top ones, but ones from every band etc right? or am i getting the "showcase" mixed up with some other thing...

aud

HSC
Nah, Showcase is a big fat book and CD that has las creme de la creme in it... but mostly creative pieces and critical essays, only a few scripts, speeches and websites are chosen... *wishes to get in but won't* :D *wishing the same for my Textiles MTP but won't* :D :D

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
So only if you get 50/50 externally will you make it in the showcase?
I thought they dont take the top ones, but ones from every band etc right? or am i getting the "showcase" mixed up with some other thing...
1. If you get 50/50 it does not necessarily mean you will get into the Young Writers Showcase. They look at all the MW that got 50/50 and from that list they pick the "creme de la creme" I guess, and put those select few in the Showcase.

2. The other thing that you are talking about is the Standards Package which is given to every school. In the Package you can read MW that came in every band. For example, you can read a collection of poetry that got a band of E3, or a short story that recieved a band of E4. Have u seen that at your school? It's good to see it and it kind of gives you inspiration (or it can make you feel depressed, when looking at the E4 works and realising how good they are -- well that's what happend to me!) lol

Giant Lobster

HSC
hmm so the 50s get in...
do they include any 45+ as well? e.g. if they were particularly funny or interesting or "stands out"?

Giant Lobster

HSC
50++++?

so by that ur implying there r heaps of ppl who get 50/50, so much to the point where the showcase cant possibly include all of em? damn... the competition is scary

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Isnt it like OnStage, ArtXpress, Encore, Call Back... etc.... Just things that have exempler qualities, if for example, you disscussed the issue really well, but didnt use good enough wording - and yes, i am using that for effect :) - you could still be eligible.

Giant Lobster

HSC
A few hundred?! nawwhhhh

so if i take a few to mean 2, the more than 10% of ppl taking the course come out with a perfect mark!

10% is a band, a whole standard deviation, not a top mark :eek:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
lol Ok, I don't know how many get 50/50, but not everyone who gets top marks will get into the Showcase. A few of the '03ers' got 50/50...ask them if they got into the showcase...

They're hardly ever around though. The boards are being kept up only by '04ers'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)